[css-color-4] "color adjuster" vs color-adjust

[css-color-4] "color adjuster" vs color-adjust

L. David Baron
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-color-4/#modifying-colors defines a
spec concept called a "color adjuster"

https://drafts.csswg.org/css-color-4/#color-adjust defines a
property called 'color-adjust'.

These are basically unrelated things (beyond both being related to
colors).

One of these should be renamed; the names are currently too
confusing.  I think it's far more straightforward to rename the spec
concept.

-David

--
𝄞   L. David Baron                         http://dbaron.org/   𝄂
𝄢   Mozilla                          https://www.mozilla.org/   𝄂

Re: [css-color-4] "color adjuster" vs color-adjust

Lea Verou-2

> On Oct 26, 2015, at 19:59, L. David Baron <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-color-4/#modifying-colors defines a
> spec concept called a "color adjuster"
>
> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-color-4/#color-adjust defines a
> property called 'color-adjust'.
>
> These are basically unrelated things (beyond both being related to
> colors).
>
> One of these should be renamed; the names are currently too
> confusing.  I think it's far more straightforward to rename the spec
> concept.
>
> -David

This was discussed in the recent Sapporo F2F, and the consensus seemed to be that this is a valid concern and they should be renamed to "color modifiers" (IIRC), though there was no recorded resolution.

~Lea

Re: [css-color-4] "color adjuster" vs color-adjust

Brian Kardell

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Lea Verou <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Oct 26, 2015, at 19:59, L. David Baron <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-color-4/#modifying-colors defines a
> spec concept called a "color adjuster"
>
> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-color-4/#color-adjust defines a
> property called 'color-adjust'.
>
> These are basically unrelated things (beyond both being related to
> colors).
>
> One of these should be renamed; the names are currently too
> confusing.  I think it's far more straightforward to rename the spec
> concept.
>
> -David

This was discussed in the recent Sapporo F2F, and the consensus seemed to be that this is a valid concern and they should be renamed to "color modifiers" (IIRC), though there was no recorded resolution.

~Lea

I wasn't present, but "modifiers" makes sense.

--
Brian Kardell :: @briankardell :: hitchjs.com