contacts / calendaring coordination

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

contacts / calendaring coordination

Thomas Roessler
hi Mark,

I had forgotten to copy you on these.  Probably worth keeping the IETF liaison to OMA in the loop on the contacts piece.

Active work on these coordination items is, at this point, in Cyrus' and my hands.

Cheers,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>  (@roessler)





Begin forwarded message:

> From: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]>
> Date: 28 July 2010 12:21:33 GMT+02:00
> To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]>, Cyrus Daboo <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Calendaring coordination
>
> I talked to some folks about calendaring in the hallways.  The IETF calsify WG isn't currently active; most of the work has moved to the CalConnect consortium:
> http://www.calconnect.org/
>
> Cyrus and I agreed to work toward a conversation between Calconnect and this WG about the lunisolar calendaring requirement.  I'll follow up on that when I'm back form the IETF meeting.
>
> (ACTION-228)
>
> Regards,
> --
> Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>  (@roessler)
>
>
>



Begin forwarded message:

> From: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]>
> Date: 28 July 2010 12:15:37 GMT+02:00
> To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]>, Harry Halpin <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Next steps with vcard / POCO / OMA
>
> The IETF's vcard4 spec is through Working Group Last Call and going to be in IETF Last Call soon; that will be the last opportunity for us to review and comment on that work.  Perhaps unsurprisingly, that WG is recommending that we use vcard4 as the underlying format, not PoCo.  There is no current communication between that group and PoCo.
>
> I seem to have an action item to organize a joint conference call with the vcard4 folks some time soon; we should also try to invite Joseph Smarr and the OMA folks to that.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>  (@roessler)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: contacts / calendaring coordination

Peter Saint-Andre-2
In Maastricht we had talked about having a coordination call on this
topic. I'm just posting to say that I'm still interested such a call so
that we can start a better conversation among all the relevant parties.

On 8/4/10 7:18 AM, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> hi Mark,
>
> I had forgotten to copy you on these.  Probably worth keeping the
> IETF liaison to OMA in the loop on the contacts piece.
>
> Active work on these coordination items is, at this point, in Cyrus'
> and my hands.
>
> Cheers, -- Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>  (@roessler)
>
>
>
>
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]> Date: 28 July 2010 12:21:33
>> GMT+02:00 To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG
>> <[hidden email]> Cc: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]>, Cyrus
>> Daboo <[hidden email]> Subject: Calendaring coordination
>>
>> I talked to some folks about calendaring in the hallways.  The IETF
>> calsify WG isn't currently active; most of the work has moved to
>> the CalConnect consortium: http://www.calconnect.org/
>>
>> Cyrus and I agreed to work toward a conversation between Calconnect
>> and this WG about the lunisolar calendaring requirement.  I'll
>> follow up on that when I'm back form the IETF meeting.
>>
>> (ACTION-228)
>>
>> Regards, -- Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>  (@roessler)
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]> Date: 28 July 2010 12:15:37
>> GMT+02:00 To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG
>> <[hidden email]> Cc: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]>, Harry
>> Halpin <[hidden email]> Subject: Next steps with vcard / POCO /
>> OMA
>>
>> The IETF's vcard4 spec is through Working Group Last Call and going
>> to be in IETF Last Call soon; that will be the last opportunity for
>> us to review and comment on that work.  Perhaps unsurprisingly,
>> that WG is recommending that we use vcard4 as the underlying
>> format, not PoCo.  There is no current communication between that
>> group and PoCo.
>>
>> I seem to have an action item to organize a joint conference call
>> with the vcard4 folks some time soon; we should also try to invite
>> Joseph Smarr and the OMA folks to that.
>>
>> Regards, -- Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>  (@roessler)
>>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: contacts / calendaring coordination

Mark Nottingham-2
Is the Sept 2 call adequate?

Cheers,


On 18/08/2010, at 3:23 AM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> In Maastricht we had talked about having a coordination call on this
> topic. I'm just posting to say that I'm still interested such a call so
> that we can start a better conversation among all the relevant parties.
>
> On 8/4/10 7:18 AM, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>> hi Mark,
>>
>> I had forgotten to copy you on these.  Probably worth keeping the
>> IETF liaison to OMA in the loop on the contacts piece.
>>
>> Active work on these coordination items is, at this point, in Cyrus'
>> and my hands.
>>
>> Cheers, -- Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>  (@roessler)
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]> Date: 28 July 2010 12:21:33
>>> GMT+02:00 To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG
>>> <[hidden email]> Cc: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]>, Cyrus
>>> Daboo <[hidden email]> Subject: Calendaring coordination
>>>
>>> I talked to some folks about calendaring in the hallways.  The IETF
>>> calsify WG isn't currently active; most of the work has moved to
>>> the CalConnect consortium: http://www.calconnect.org/
>>>
>>> Cyrus and I agreed to work toward a conversation between Calconnect
>>> and this WG about the lunisolar calendaring requirement.  I'll
>>> follow up on that when I'm back form the IETF meeting.
>>>
>>> (ACTION-228)
>>>
>>> Regards, -- Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>  (@roessler)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Begin forwarded message:
>>
>>> From: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]> Date: 28 July 2010 12:15:37
>>> GMT+02:00 To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG
>>> <[hidden email]> Cc: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]>, Harry
>>> Halpin <[hidden email]> Subject: Next steps with vcard / POCO /
>>> OMA
>>>
>>> The IETF's vcard4 spec is through Working Group Last Call and going
>>> to be in IETF Last Call soon; that will be the last opportunity for
>>> us to review and comment on that work.  Perhaps unsurprisingly,
>>> that WG is recommending that we use vcard4 as the underlying
>>> format, not PoCo.  There is no current communication between that
>>> group and PoCo.
>>>
>>> I seem to have an action item to organize a joint conference call
>>> with the vcard4 folks some time soon; we should also try to invite
>>> Joseph Smarr and the OMA folks to that.
>>>
>>> Regards, -- Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>  (@roessler)
>>>


--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: contacts / calendaring coordination

Peter Saint-Andre-2
Um, speaking of calendaring, it seems that I didn't put that on my
calendar yet. :)

On 8/17/10 7:26 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> Is the Sept 2 call adequate?
>
> Cheers,
>
>
> On 18/08/2010, at 3:23 AM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>
>> In Maastricht we had talked about having a coordination call on this
>> topic. I'm just posting to say that I'm still interested such a call so
>> that we can start a better conversation among all the relevant parties.
>>
>> On 8/4/10 7:18 AM, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>>> hi Mark,
>>>
>>> I had forgotten to copy you on these.  Probably worth keeping the
>>> IETF liaison to OMA in the loop on the contacts piece.
>>>
>>> Active work on these coordination items is, at this point, in Cyrus'
>>> and my hands.
>>>
>>> Cheers, -- Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>  (@roessler)
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Begin forwarded message:
>>>
>>>> From: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]> Date: 28 July 2010 12:21:33
>>>> GMT+02:00 To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG
>>>> <[hidden email]> Cc: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]>, Cyrus
>>>> Daboo <[hidden email]> Subject: Calendaring coordination
>>>>
>>>> I talked to some folks about calendaring in the hallways.  The IETF
>>>> calsify WG isn't currently active; most of the work has moved to
>>>> the CalConnect consortium: http://www.calconnect.org/
>>>>
>>>> Cyrus and I agreed to work toward a conversation between Calconnect
>>>> and this WG about the lunisolar calendaring requirement.  I'll
>>>> follow up on that when I'm back form the IETF meeting.
>>>>
>>>> (ACTION-228)
>>>>
>>>> Regards, -- Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>  (@roessler)
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Begin forwarded message:
>>>
>>>> From: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]> Date: 28 July 2010 12:15:37
>>>> GMT+02:00 To: W3C Device APIs and Policy WG
>>>> <[hidden email]> Cc: Thomas Roessler <[hidden email]>, Harry
>>>> Halpin <[hidden email]> Subject: Next steps with vcard / POCO /
>>>> OMA
>>>>
>>>> The IETF's vcard4 spec is through Working Group Last Call and going
>>>> to be in IETF Last Call soon; that will be the last opportunity for
>>>> us to review and comment on that work.  Perhaps unsurprisingly,
>>>> that WG is recommending that we use vcard4 as the underlying
>>>> format, not PoCo.  There is no current communication between that
>>>> group and PoCo.
>>>>
>>>> I seem to have an action item to organize a joint conference call
>>>> with the vcard4 folks some time soon; we should also try to invite
>>>> Joseph Smarr and the OMA folks to that.
>>>>
>>>> Regards, -- Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>  (@roessler)
>>>>