configure problems

Threaded

configure problems

Jeff Hunt-5
On my Ubunut 11.10 system configuring Amaya I get.

checking for uname... yes
checking for lstat... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strncasecmp... yes
checking for strchr... yes
checking for memcpy... yes
---> Use system Mesa library
../configure: line 13641: ../../wxWidgets: No such file or directory
../configure: line 13643: cd: ../../wxWidgets: No such file or directory
../configure: line 13645: cd: OLDPWD not set
configure: error: wxWidgets library sources not found
../configure: line 13652: exit: check: numeric argument required
../configure: line 13652: exit: check: numeric argument required

This is inside the Amaya folder and one layer down in a folder I have
created myself as in the instructions.

{Create a subdirectory for your platform under the Amaya directory (e.g. WX)
cd to this subdirectory, then ../configure to create the Makefile(s).
[from http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/Autoconf.html]}

 Why is configure looking for wxWidgets two levels higher - which in
my case is my home folder - I'm using /home/me/Amaya/wx ?

I can fix this by putting wxWidgets at the appropriate level but
something seems not to be right.

Regards.

Threaded

Re: configure problems

Laurent Carcone-2
Hello Jeff,

The external libraries are not in the Amaya cvs repository, it is why
they are not in the Amaya folder.
What I usually do is to create a directory where I copy those libraries
(libwww, Mesa, redland, wxWidgets) and the Amaya folder. Then inside the
Amaya folder I create a subdirectory (e.g. WX) where  I launch  the
configure command.

Hope it helps,
Laurent