checklink:

Peter Stott

Hello team
My name is Peter Stott and I am currently an intern at DSM-design a web
company I have built a page fully compliant to w3c standard with a
doc-type for xhtml 1.1 everything went fine I checked the code and the
css and now I am checking links the link report comes through with a
clear result and tells me that it only has one anchor can you explain
what this anchor is as I have only put a links on the page. Please can
you let me know as it is driving me spear trying to find this anchor

Kind regards
Peter Stott

Re: checklink:

David Dorward-3

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 11:30:29AM -0000, Peter Stott wrote:

> My name is Peter Stott and I am currently an intern at DSM-design a web
> company I have built a page fully compliant to w3c standard with a
> doc-type for xhtml 1.1

What are you doing about the lack of support for documents served as
application/xhtml+xml? Or do you not support Internet Explorer,
GoogleBot or Lynx?

> everything went fine I checked the code and the css and now I am
> checking links the link report comes through with a clear result and
> tells me that it only has one anchor can you explain what this
> anchor is as I have only put a links on the page.

 "Each A element defines an anchor"

    -- http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/links.html#edef-A

--
David Dorward                                      http://dorward.me.uk