'callto:' URI

Paul Hoffman-4

Another entry for the ever-growing menagerie of widely deployed but
unregistered URI schemes. This one can be put in the section set
aside for "bad interop because of no good documentation".

<http://daringfireball.net/2005/12/callto_uris_safari>

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

Re: 'callto:' URI

Dan Connolly

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 12:26 -0800, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> Another entry for the ever-growing menagerie of widely deployed but
> unregistered URI schemes. This one can be put in the section set
> aside for "bad interop because of no good documentation".
>
> <http://daringfireball.net/2005/12/callto_uris_safari>

Sigh. also the section "collision between unregistered schemes"
and "reinvention of existing scheme".

I updated
  http://esw.w3.org/topic/UriSchemes/callto
with this info.

It's a wiki. Everybody else is more than welcome to do likewise.

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E

Re: 'callto:' URI

Frank Ellermann

Dan Connolly wrote:

> It's a wiki. Everybody else is more than welcome to do likewise.

Doesn't work for me.  My browser doesn't support inline PNGs, I
get an ugly "broken image" icon for external links.  Something
in the preferences claims to be able to suppress these "fancy
links", but no.  Changing the width of the "edit" form also had
no visible effect, the default is far too small for my browser.

So that expedition into the deserts of accessabilty ended with
"delete account forever".  What I really wanted was to add the
new RFC 4266 for Gopher, and maybe 4248 for Telnet if it's not
already there, but the broken PNG icons made me mad...  </rant>