call for agenda items

Peter Saint-Andre-2

RE: call for agenda items

masinter
Some suggested agenda items:

* Testing: I'd like some time to talk about testing and test results,  and what additional testing is needed. http://www.w3.org/wiki/UriTesting (feel free to update or send corrections to me)
* Martin and I should review the updates to the documents updates this time around, at least briefly.
* We should also talk about plans for convergence with http://url.spec.whatwg.org (based on testing)

RE: call for agenda items

masinter
Two more possible topics for IRI WG meeting in Atlanta:

* briefly about registerProtocolHandler in HTML5 and its implication for scheme registration
* about fragment identifiers and I18N (not discussed but alluded to in "Best Practices for Fragment Identifiers and Media Type Definitions" http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/mimeTypesAndFragids.html)

Dave Thaler-2
I could give a brief report on the bulk third-party URI scheme registrations that Alexey
and I did, how well that worked, and what we might do next.

-Dave

Thanks, all. We have a 90-minute session, so we'll have to see how much
time we can devote to each topic. Chris and I will send a proposed
agenda to this list in the next ~24 hours.

On 10/22/12 6:25 PM, Dave Thaler wrote:

> I could give a brief report on the bulk third-party URI scheme registrations that Alexey
> and I did, how well that worked, and what we might do next.
>
> -Dave

RE: call for agenda items

masinter
Another possible agenda item for the IRI working group at IETF:

If anyone from the respective activities will be either at IETF or can call in, it would be great to hear what the plans are for http://url.spec.whatwg.org/ as the http://www.w3.org/2012/webapps/charter/ W3C WebApps working group charter for the "URL API".   Liaison with IETF is listed there, but not the IRI working group, even though there's some coordination likely needed.

We might need to set up some jabber or audio conference, but it would be great to talk directly and not just emails and tweets.

Re: call for agenda items

Martin J. Dürst
On 2012/10/23 9:01, Larry Masinter wrote:
> Some suggested agenda items:
>
> * Testing: I'd like some time to talk about testing and test results,  and what additional testing is needed. http://www.w3.org/wiki/UriTesting (feel free to update or send corrections to me)
> * Martin and I should review the updates to the documents updates this time around, at least briefly.

Yes. I'd also like to report on progress in the bidi area. I can do that
as part of talking about the bidi draft. One is that a student of mine
is making big progress on evaluating the interaction between separator
symbols and bidi, extending the work that Harald Alvestrand did for DNS
labels to IRIs. The second is that I'm currently at the Unicode
conference and talking to bidi experts, and may have some progress to
report from that.

Regards,    Martin.

> * We should also talk about plans for convergence with http://url.spec.whatwg.org (based on testing)

Bulk registration (Re: call for agenda items)

Martin J. Dürst
On 2012/10/23 10:25, Dave Thaler wrote:
> I could give a brief report on the bulk third-party URI scheme registrations that Alexey
> and I did, how well that worked, and what we might do next.

Great to hear that that was successful. Although I think I'm subscribed
to all relevant mailing lists, I haven't seen any correspondence on
this. Do you have any pointer, or did all of that go on behind the
scenes (which would be okay with me, too).

Regards,   Martin.

> -Dave

RE: Bulk registration (Re: call for agenda items)

Dave Thaler-2
After the proposal was floated on this list first and there was support,
the rest happened behind the scenes.   It all went mostly smoothly.

Julian Reschke
On 2012-10-23 21:21, Dave Thaler wrote:
> After the proposal was floated on this list first and there was support,
> the rest happened behind the scenes.   It all went mostly smoothly.

So now we have a bunch of provisional registry entries that have no
explanation at all? I'm not sure that this makes the world any better :-)

Best regards, Julian

Re: Bulk registration (Re: call for agenda items)

Bjoern Hoehrmann

http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes.html links registration
details, e.g. <http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes/prov/irc>.

On 2012-10-24 14:19, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Julian Reschke wrote:
>> So now we have a bunch of provisional registry entries that have no
>> explanation at all? I'm not sure that this makes the world any better :-)
>
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes.html links registration
> details, e.g. <http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes/prov/irc>.

Indeed; I missed that because I assumed the links in the "Reference"
column would actually go somewhere useful.

Thanks, Julian