application/sparql-results+json not registered with IANA

application/sparql-results+json not registered with IANA

Simon.Cox

https://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-results-json/#introduction says “An Internet Media Type is provied for application/sparql-results+json.”

However, the IANA registry http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/media-types.xhtml does not show it.

Simon J D Cox

Research Scientist

Environmental Informatics

Land and Water

CSIRO

E [hidden email] T +61 3 9545 2365 M +61 403 302 672

   Physical: Reception Central, Bayview Avenue, Clayton, Vic 3168

   Deliveries: Gate 3, Normanby Road, Clayton, Vic 3168

   Postal: Private Bag 10, Clayton South, Vic 3169

people.csiro.au/Simon-Cox

orcid.org/0000-0002-3884-3420

researchgate.net/profile/Simon_Cox3

PLEASE NOTE

request for review: application/sparql-results+json

Eric Prud'hommeaux
Hi all, at W3C, we try to request a media type when a document reaches
candidate recommendation. In this case, we missed my a mere three years.
<http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-results-json/#content-type> accurately
documents our good intentions...

Type name:
    application
Subtype name:
    sparql-results+json
Required parameters:
    None
Optional parameters:
    None
Encoding considerations:
    The encoding considerations of the SPARQL Query Results JSON Format is identical to those of the "application/json" as specified in [JSON-RFC].
Security considerations:
    SPARQL query results uses URIs. See Section 7 of [RFC3986].
    SPARQL query results uses IRIs. See Section 8 of [RFC3987].
    The security considerations of the SPARQL Query Results JSON Format is identical to those of the "application/json" as specified in [JSON-RFC].
Interoperability considerations:
    There are no known interoperability issues.
Published specification:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-results-json/
Applications which use this media type:
    No known applications currently use this media type.
Additional information:
Magic number(s):
    n/a
File extension(s):
    ".srj"
Macintosh file type code(s):
    "TEXT"
Person & email address to contact for further information:
    Andy Seaborne <[hidden email]>
Intended usage:
    COMMON
Restrictions on usage:
    None
Author/Change controller:
    The SPARQL specification is a work product of the World Wide Web Consortium's SPARQL Working Group. The W3C has change control over these specifications.
--
-ericP

office: +1.617.599.3509
mobile: +33.6.80.80.35.59