agenda

Dennis Leas

Dear Colleagues,

Dave Schleppenbach, the founder of the company I work for, recently spoke at the Assistive Technology Industry Association meeting regarding MathML and publishing.  We recently completed a project for a publisher where we created accessible versions of twenty STEM textbooks ranging from Calculus, Physics, and Geometry.

The books heavily leveraged MathML and other XML technologies to provide accessible content.  All told, the books contain 272,765 MathML expressions.

With your approval, I'd like to invite Dave to participate in our upcoming conference call.   He has some comments and feedback that I think we'd find interesting.

Best wishes,

Dennis Leas

Re: agenda

Patrick Ion-3

I'd say by all means.   Presumably he has seen the pieces by
Cervone, Krautzberger and Sorge
Towards ARIA Standards for Mathematical Markup
http://workshop.sciaccess.net/DEIMS2016/articles/p15_Volker_ARIA.pdf

which I guess follows
Towards Meaningful Visual Abstraction of Mathematical Notation
http://www.cermat.org/events/MathUI/15/proceedings/Cervone-Krautzberger-Sorge_Visual-abstraction_MathUI_15.pdf

and
TOWARDS MATHJAX V3.0
http://mathjax.github.io/papers/towards-v3/towards-mathjax-v3.pdf

and, by Sorge only,
Assistive Technologies for STEM Subjects
http://workshop.sciaccess.net/DEIMS2016/articles/k01_Volker.pdf

All the best,

        Patrick