{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-08-04

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-08-04

nigelmegitt

This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time. 

Hoping to talk about time…

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
 

Thursdays 10:03am-11:00am (or 12:00pm for 2 hour meetings) Boston local
 
IRC details: 

server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to: http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
 
Webex details:

Webex meeting details have been moved to a separate member-only email  see below.
Non-member Invited Experts: please contact me directly for joining details if you do not already have them.

To join the online meeting
1. Go to the link that members can find at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password (from above linked email)
4. Click "Join".

To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000
Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,[number from email above]#

Present list
In order to list people attending the call in the minutes, each participant should type present+ <name> in the irc channel immediately
upon joining the call. This will be picked up by RRSAgent and included in the minutes. The agent quirkily doesn't accept spaces in names, so either use a single word nickname or separate the words in your name with an underscore.

For assistance
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

For best practices with webex


Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: usually Nigel  open to offers!

Regrets: Andreas

Activity since last meeting: 
Actions: ACTION-475

IMSC:  
Merged PRs: none.
Closed Issues: none.
New and Discussed Issues: none.


Timed Text Profile Registry: 

Merged PRs:  none
Open PRs: none.
New and discussed issues: none.


TTML/WebVTT mapping:

Merged PRs: none;
Open PRs: none;
New and discussed issues: none.

WebVTT:

0 PR merged; 2 PRs open; 0 issues created, 0 issue closed: discussion via github

Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/

We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
1. TPAC 2016
2. TTML2 issues, actions, PRs etc
3. Profile registry
4. IMSC
5. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
6. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
7. Unicode liaison
8. WebVTT comments
9. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!


Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

August Meetings:
Thursday 11th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 18th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 25th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour (NM on vacation)

Further ahead:

IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work 

Agenda+ TPAC 2016

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-475 (edit) open Contact the chair of the web & tv ig to ask about schedule and joint meeting time. Nigel Megitt 2016-07-28


Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-462 (edit) open Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml" Glenn Adams 2016-04-28 TTML2


Collated time related issues for TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/wiki/Time

Safe Crop Area Proposal –  now raised as Add Safe Crop Area on github


See spreadsheet of editorial actions at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx 

Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md

More volunteers welcomed!

TTML Change Proposals – progress and review


The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide Review) are:

5 OPEN 2 Jerry Smith TTML2 HTML5 Mapping semantics
7 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 3D extensions
9 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux IMSC2 Complexity model
11 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 Metadata vocab
15 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.CSS additions
17 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Defaults
19 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Syntax fixes
21 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 Typography.I18n
25 OPEN 2 Nigel Megitt TTML2 Distribution

Agenda+ Profiles registry.

Working Group Note published at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-profile-registry/



Agenda+ IMSC



Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document


Agenda+ HTMLCue proposal progress update.

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-441 (edit) open Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea. Andreas Tai 2015-11-05

See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for further information on this, this week.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ Unicode liaison.


Note that this was updated after IMSC 1 Recommendation publication as per Action-457.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-396 (edit) open Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive David Singer 2015-04-17 WebVTT 1.0

Placeholder for discussion on WebVTT review feedback.

Agenda+ AOB

References


 

----------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

---------------------

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-08-04

nigelmegitt
Thanks to David Ronca for noticing that the link to the TTML WebVTT mapping editor’s draft is wrong. 

It should be: http://w3c.github.io/ttml-webvtt-mapping/

Nigel

-- 
Nigel Megitt
Executive Product Manager, BBC Design & Engineering
Telephone: +44 (0)3030807996 (int: 807996)
BC2 C1 Broadcast Centre, Media Village, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TP

On 2 Aug 2016, at 17:02, Nigel Megitt <[hidden email]> wrote:


This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time. 

Hoping to talk about time…

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
 

Thursdays 10:03am-11:00am (or 12:00pm for 2 hour meetings) Boston local
 
IRC details: 

server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to: http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
 
Webex details:

Webex meeting details have been moved to a separate member-only email  see below.
Non-member Invited Experts: please contact me directly for joining details if you do not already have them.

To join the online meeting
1. Go to the link that members can find at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password (from above linked email)
4. Click "Join".

To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000
Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,[number from email above]#

Present list
In order to list people attending the call in the minutes, each participant should type present+ <name> in the irc channel immediately
upon joining the call. This will be picked up by RRSAgent and included in the minutes. The agent quirkily doesn't accept spaces in names, so either use a single word nickname or separate the words in your name with an underscore.

For assistance
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

For best practices with webex


Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: usually Nigel  open to offers!

Regrets: Andreas

Activity since last meeting: 
Actions: ACTION-475

IMSC:  
Merged PRs: none.
Closed Issues: none.
New and Discussed Issues: none.


Timed Text Profile Registry: 

Merged PRs:  none
Open PRs: none.
New and discussed issues: none.


TTML/WebVTT mapping:

Merged PRs: none;
Open PRs: none;
New and discussed issues: none.

WebVTT:

0 PR merged; 2 PRs open; 0 issues created, 0 issue closed: discussion via github

Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/

We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
1. TPAC 2016
2. TTML2 issues, actions, PRs etc
3. Profile registry
4. IMSC
5. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
6. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
7. Unicode liaison
8. WebVTT comments
9. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!


Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

August Meetings:
Thursday 11th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 18th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 25th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour (NM on vacation)

Further ahead:

IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work 

Agenda+ TPAC 2016

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-475 (edit) open Contact the chair of the web & tv ig to ask about schedule and joint meeting time. Nigel Megitt 2016-07-28


Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-462 (edit) open Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml" Glenn Adams 2016-04-28 TTML2


Collated time related issues for TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/wiki/Time

Safe Crop Area Proposal –  now raised as Add Safe Crop Area on github


See spreadsheet of editorial actions at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx 

Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md

More volunteers welcomed!

TTML Change Proposals – progress and review


The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide Review) are:

5 OPEN 2 Jerry Smith TTML2 HTML5 Mapping semantics
7 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 3D extensions
9 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux IMSC2 Complexity model
11 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 Metadata vocab
15 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.CSS additions
17 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Defaults
19 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Syntax fixes
21 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 Typography.I18n
25 OPEN 2 Nigel Megitt TTML2 Distribution

Agenda+ Profiles registry.

Working Group Note published at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-profile-registry/



Agenda+ IMSC



Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document


Agenda+ HTMLCue proposal progress update.

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-441 (edit) open Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea. Andreas Tai 2015-11-05

See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for further information on this, this week.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ Unicode liaison.


Note that this was updated after IMSC 1 Recommendation publication as per Action-457.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-396 (edit) open Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive David Singer 2015-04-17 WebVTT 1.0

Placeholder for discussion on WebVTT review feedback.

Agenda+ AOB

References



 

----------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

---------------------


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-08-04

Michael Dolan-4

Regrets.  I have not completed the media type note but will next week.

 

From: Nigel Megitt [mailto:[hidden email]]
Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2016 1:11 AM
To: Timed Text Working Group <[hidden email]>
Subject: Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-08-04

 

Thanks to David Ronca for noticing that the link to the TTML WebVTT mapping editor’s draft is wrong. 

 

It should be: http://w3c.github.io/ttml-webvtt-mapping/

 

Nigel

 

-- 

Nigel Megitt

Executive Product Manager, BBC Design & Engineering

Telephone: +44 (0)3030807996 (int: 807996)

BC2 C1 Broadcast Centre, Media Village, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TP

 

On 2 Aug 2016, at 17:02, Nigel Megitt <[hidden email]> wrote:

 

 

This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time. 

 

Hoping to talk about time…

 

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

 

 

Thursdays 10:03am-11:00am (or 12:00pm for 2 hour meetings) Boston local

 

IRC details: 

 

server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to: http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

 

Webex details:

 

Webex meeting details have been moved to a separate member-only email – see below.

Non-member Invited Experts: please contact me directly for joining details if you do not already have them.

 

To join the online meeting

1. Go to the link that members can find at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html

2. If requested, enter your name and email address.

3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password (from above linked email)

4. Click "Join".

 

To join the audio conference only

To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.

US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000

Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,[number from email above]#

 

Present list

In order to list people attending the call in the minutes, each participant should type present+ <name> in the irc channel immediately

upon joining the call. This will be picked up by RRSAgent and included in the minutes. The agent quirkily doesn't accept spaces in names, so either use a single word nickname or separate the words in your name with an underscore.

 

For assistance

2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

 

For best practices with webex

 

 

Agenda+ Assign Roles

 

Chair: Nigel Megitt

 

Scribe: usually Nigel  open to offers!

 

Regrets: Andreas

 

Activity since last meeting: 

Actions: ACTION-475

 

IMSC:  

Merged PRs: none.

Closed Issues: none.

New and Discussed Issues: none.

 

 

Timed Text Profile Registry: 

Merged PRs:  none

Open PRs: none.

New and discussed issues: none.

 

 

TTML/WebVTT mapping:

Merged PRs: none;

Open PRs: none;

New and discussed issues: none.

 

WebVTT:

0 PR merged; 2 PRs open; 0 issues created, 0 issue closed: discussion via github

 

Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/

We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.

Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

 

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

 

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:

1. TPAC 2016

2. TTML2 issues, actions, PRs etc

3. Profile registry

4. IMSC

5. TTML and WebVTT mapping document

6. Progress on HTMLCue proposal

7. Unicode liaison

8. WebVTT comments

9. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!

 

 

Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

 

August Meetings:

Thursday 11th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

Thursday 18th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

Thursday 25th August: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour (NM on vacation)

 

Further ahead:

 

IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work 

 

Agenda+ TPAC 2016

 

ID

State

Title

Person

Due Date

Associated with

ACTION-475 (edit)

open

Contact the chair of the web & tv ig to ask about schedule and joint meeting time.

Nigel Megitt

2016-07-28

 

 

Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc

 

ID

State

Title

Person

Due Date

Associated with

ACTION-462 (edit)

open

Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml"

Glenn Adams

2016-04-28

TTML2

 

 

Collated time related issues for TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/wiki/Time

 

Safe Crop Area Proposal –  now raised as Add Safe Crop Area on github

 

 

See spreadsheet of editorial actions at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx 

 

Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md

 

More volunteers welcomed!

 

TTML Change Proposals – progress and review

 

 

The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide Review) are:

 

5

OPEN

2

Jerry Smith

TTML2

HTML5 Mapping semantics

7

OPEN

2

Pierre-Anthony Lemieux

TTML2

3D extensions

9

OPEN

2

Pierre-Anthony Lemieux

IMSC2

Complexity model

11

OPEN

2

Pierre-Anthony Lemieux

TTML2

Metadata vocab

15

OPEN

2

Glenn Adams

TTML2

Style.CSS additions

17

OPEN

2

Glenn Adams

TTML2

Style.Defaults

19

OPEN

2

Glenn Adams

TTML2

Style.Syntax fixes

21

OPEN

2

Pierre-Anthony Lemieux

TTML2

Typography.I18n

25

OPEN

2

Nigel Megitt

TTML2

Distribution

Agenda+ Profiles registry.

 

Working Group Note published at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-profile-registry/

 

 

 

Agenda+ IMSC

 

 

 

Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document

 

 

Agenda+ HTMLCue proposal progress update.

 

ID

State

Title

Person

Due Date

Associated with

ACTION-441 (edit)

open

Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.

Andreas Tai

2015-11-05

 

See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for further information on this, this week.

 

[placeholder agenda item]

 

Agenda+ Unicode liaison.

 

 

Note that this was updated after IMSC 1 Recommendation publication as per Action-457.

 

[placeholder agenda item]

 

Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

 

ID

State

Title

Person

Due Date

Associated with

ACTION-396 (edit)

open

Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive

David Singer

2015-04-17

WebVTT 1.0

 

Placeholder for discussion on WebVTT review feedback.

 

Agenda+ AOB

 

References

 

 

 

 

----------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

---------------------