{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-05-05

nigelmegitt
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Thursdays 10:03am-11:00am (or 12:00pm for 2 hour meetings) Boston local

IRC details:

server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to: http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Webex details:

Webex meeting details have been moved to a separate member-only email  see below.
Non-member Invited Experts: please contact me directly for joining details if you do not already have them.

To join the online meeting
1. Go to the link that members can find at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password (from above linked email)
4. Click "Join".

To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000
Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,[number from email above]#

Present list
In order to list people attending the call in the minutes, each participant should type present+ <name> in the irc channel immediately
upon joining the call. This will be picked up by RRSAgent and included in the minutes. The agent quirkily doesn't accept spaces in names, so either use a single word nickname or separate the words in your name with an underscore.

For assistance
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

For best practices with webex

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: usually Nigel  open to offers!

Regrets: none

Activity since last meeting:
Actions: ACTION-464ACTION-467

IMSC:
Closed Issues: none.

TTML1 & 2 :

New ED generated – here is latest Editor's Draft
Merged PRs: none; (multiple commits made to master branch directly)
Open PRs: none.
New and discussed issues:

replace "CEA" with "CTA"

Timed Text Profile Registry:

New and discussed issues:

WebVTT:

0 PRs merged; 2 PRs open; 0 issues created: discussion via github

Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/

We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
1. Action Items
2. TPAC 2016
3. IMSC 1
4. TTML2 issues, actions, PRs etc
5. Profile registry
6. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
7. Charter
8. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
9. Unicode liaison
10. WebVTT comments
11. TTML Versions note
12. Change proposals
13. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!

Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

May Meetings:
Thursday 12th May: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 19th May: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 26th May: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

Further ahead:

IMSC and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_IMSC1.2C_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work

June Meetings:
Thursday 2nd June: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 9th June: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 16th June: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour (NM not available to chair)
Thursday 23rd June: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour (NM not available to chair)
Thursday 30th June: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

Agenda+ Action items

This week I've put all the actions in their relevant agenda section.

Agenda+ TPAC 2016

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-464 (edit) pending review Ask ttwg who would really prefer to be able to attend web & tv ig as well as ttwg at tpac 2016 Nigel Megitt 2016-05-05

Agenda+ Charter

Current charter extended by 2 months to allow proposed charter to be reviewed by AC.
Proposed 2016 Charter on github can be viewed at http://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/timed-text-charter-2016.html
Repository is at https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/ - to file a PR please fork first, since we cannot grant access to the repository to all for creating branches.

Agenda+ IMSC

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-461 (edit) open Add an acknowledgment section to the imsc 1 errata section. Thierry Michel 2016-04-28

Agenda+ TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-463 (edit) pending review Add an issue on ttml2 regarding 60 second minutes to point to the ttml1 one. Nigel Megitt 2016-04-28 TTML2
ACTION-467 (edit) pending review Ask glenn if a manual modification of the toc would be feasible to publish a new wd of ttml2 Thierry Michel 2016-05-05 TTML2

Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md

More volunteers welcomed!

Agenda+ Profiles registry.

Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document

Agenda+ HTMLCue proposal progress update.

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-441 (edit) open Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea. Andreas Tai 2015-11-05

See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for further information on this, this week.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ Unicode liaison.

Note that this was updated after IMSC 1 Recommendation publication as per Action-457.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ Issues

See pulse links at the top for a quick view into the active issues.

Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-396 (edit) open Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive David Singer 2015-04-17 WebVTT 1.0

Placeholder for discussion on WebVTT review feedback.

Agenda+ Note on TTML versions

Reminder to all to review this and provide feedback to Cyril.

Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide Review) are:

5 OPEN 2 Jerry Smith TTML2 HTML5 Mapping semantics
7 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 3D extensions
9 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux IMSC2 Complexity model
11 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 Metadata vocab
15 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.CSS additions
17 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Defaults
19 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Syntax fixes
21 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 Typography.I18n
25 OPEN 2 Nigel Megitt TTML2 Distribution

Agenda+ AOB

References

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-05-05

nigelmegitt
In case it was too subtle in this agenda, specifically on the TTML2 topic we will be considering publishing the latest version as per Glenn's email as a new working draft on /TR.

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-05-05

Coralie Mercier

Dear Nigel,

In reponse to
<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016May/0001.html>, I'd
like to make a brief appearance during today's WG meeting, at a time that
works well in the agenda, in order to speak to the fact that W3C MarComm
could not issue the IMSC1 press release as initially scheduled, and talk
about next steps.

Please, kindly let me know as soon as you may if today works and when I
can join.

Thank you!

Coralie Mercier, Head of W3C Marketing & Communications

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  http://www.w3.org
mailto:[hidden email] +336 4322 0001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-05-05

nigelmegitt
Dear Coralie,

Thank you for this, you're welcome to join us. We have a packed agenda
today but I would like to cover this off early on if possible so I would
suggest joining at the beginning of the meeting. As you know, it is a
source of considerable frustration to WG members.

All,

since we have so much to cover today I will also propose that we extend
the duration of today's meeting to 90 minutes. I realise this is extremely
late notice so will canvas the views of attendees at the beginning of the
meeting to see if that will be okay, and if not we'll have to zoom through
some of the agenda points.

Kind regards,

Nigel

On 05/05/2016 11:42, "Coralie Mercier" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Dear Nigel,
>
>In reponse to
><https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016May/0001.html>, I'd
>like to make a brief appearance during today's WG meeting, at a time that
>
>works well in the agenda, in order to speak to the fact that W3C MarComm
>could not issue the IMSC1 press release as initially scheduled, and talk
>about next steps.
>
>Please, kindly let me know as soon as you may if today works and when I
>can join.
>
>Thank you!
>
>Coralie Mercier, Head of W3C Marketing & Communications
>
>--
>Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  http://www.w3.org
>mailto:[hidden email] +336 4322 0001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/

-----------------------------
http://www.bbc.co.uk
If you have received it in
Do not use, copy or disclose the
immediately.
sent or received.
this.
-----------------------------

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-05-05

Pierre-Anthony Lemieux
Hi Coralie,

Thanks for joining the call this morning.

Looking forward to the IMSC1 press material. I am available to suggest
copy re: TTML2 WD.

Best,

-- Pierre

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 4:15 AM, Nigel Megitt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Coralie,
>
> Thank you for this, you're welcome to join us. We have a packed agenda
> today but I would like to cover this off early on if possible so I would
> suggest joining at the beginning of the meeting. As you know, it is a
> source of considerable frustration to WG members.
>
> All,
>
> since we have so much to cover today I will also propose that we extend
> the duration of today's meeting to 90 minutes. I realise this is extremely
> late notice so will canvas the views of attendees at the beginning of the
> meeting to see if that will be okay, and if not we'll have to zoom through
> some of the agenda points.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Nigel
>

> On 05/05/2016 11:42, "Coralie Mercier" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>Dear Nigel,
>>
>>In reponse to
>><https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016May/0001.html>, I'd
>>like to make a brief appearance during today's WG meeting, at a time that
>>
>>works well in the agenda, in order to speak to the fact that W3C MarComm
>>could not issue the IMSC1 press release as initially scheduled, and talk
>>about next steps.
>>
>>Please, kindly let me know as soon as you may if today works and when I
>>can join.
>>
>>Thank you!
>>
>>Coralie Mercier, Head of W3C Marketing & Communications
>>
>>--
>>Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  http://www.w3.org
>>mailto:[hidden email] +336 4322 0001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/
>

> -----------------------------
> http://www.bbc.co.uk
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and
> may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> If you have received it in
> error, please delete it from your system.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the
> information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender
> immediately.
> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails
> sent or received.
> Further communication will signify your consent to
> this.

RE: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-05-05

Michael Dolan-4
Also a reminder that there was a commitment to allow contributors and quoted parties review of the draft - in case you want to do that now.