{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-04-28

nigelmegitt
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Thursdays 10:03am-11:00am (or 12:00pm for 2 hour meetings) Boston local

IRC details:

server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to: http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

Webex details:

Webex meeting details have been moved to a separate member-only email  see below.
Non-member Invited Experts: please contact me directly for joining details if you do not already have them.

To join the online meeting
1. Go to the link that members can find at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password (from above linked email)
4. Click "Join".

To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000
Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,[number from email above]#

Present list
In order to list people attending the call in the minutes, each participant should type present+ <name> in the irc channel immediately
upon joining the call. This will be picked up by RRSAgent and included in the minutes. The agent quirkily doesn't accept spaces in names, so either use a single word nickname or separate the words in your name with an underscore.

For assistance
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

For best practices with webex

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: usually Nigel  open to offers!

Regrets: none

Activity since last meeting:
Actions: ACTION-457ACTION-463;

IMSC:
Merged PRs: none.
Closed Issues: none.
Add IMSC roadmap document.

Timed Text Profile Registry:

Open PRs: Split registry table
add media type registration section .
New and discussed issues:

WebVTT:

0 PRs merged; 2 PRs open; 0 issues created: discussion via github

Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/

We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
1. Action Items
2. Charter
3. IMSC 1
4. TTML2 issues, actions, PRs etc
5. Profile registry
6. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
7. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
8. Unicode liaison
9. WebVTT comments
10. TTML Versions note
11. Change proposals
12. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!

Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

Further ahead:

IMSC and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_IMSC1.2C_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work

May Meetings:
Thursday 5th May: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 12th May: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 19th May: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 26th May: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

Agenda+ Action items

This week I've put all the actions in their relevant agenda section.

Agenda+ Charter

Current charter extended by 2 months to allow proposed charter to be reviewed by AC.
Proposed 2016 Charter on github can be viewed at http://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/timed-text-charter-2016.html
Repository is at https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/ - to file a PR please fork first, since we cannot grant access to the repository to all for creating branches.

Agenda+ IMSC

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-461 (edit) open Add an acknowledgment section to the imsc 1 errata section. Thierry Michel 2016-04-28

Agenda+ TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-463 (edit) pending review Add an issue on ttml2 regarding 60 second minutes to point to the ttml1 one. Nigel Megitt 2016-04-28 TTML2

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-462 (edit) open Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml" Glenn Adams 2016-04-28

Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md

More volunteers welcomed!

Agenda+ Profiles registry.

Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document

Agenda+ HTMLCue proposal progress update.

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-441 (edit) open Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea. Andreas Tai 2015-11-05

See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for further information on this, this week.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ Unicode liaison.

Note that this was updated after IMSC 1 Recommendation publication as per Action-457.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ Issues

See pulse links at the top for a quick view into the active issues.

Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
ACTION-396 (edit) open Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive David Singer 2015-04-17 WebVTT 1.0

Placeholder for discussion on WebVTT review feedback.

Agenda+ Note on TTML versions

Reminder to all to review this and provide feedback to Cyril.

Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide Review) are:

5 OPEN 2 Jerry Smith TTML2 HTML5 Mapping semantics
7 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 3D extensions
9 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux IMSC2 Complexity model
11 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 Metadata vocab
15 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.CSS additions
17 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Defaults
19 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Syntax fixes
21 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 Typography.I18n
25 OPEN 2 Nigel Megitt TTML2 Distribution

Agenda+ AOB

References

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-04-28

nigelmegitt
Additional agenda topic:

TPAC 2016

It has us meeting on the Monday and Tuesday, matching our requested preference.

We also requested a meeting with the Web Platform Working Group, which will meet on the Monday for Web Components, the Tuesday for Service Workers, the Thursday for Editing and Selection and the Friday for HTML, Directory upload, overview and AOB.

The Web and TV IG also meets on the Monday: we requested no overlap but that request has not been met.