[agenda] BPWG Call 2010-02-23

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[agenda] BPWG Call 2010-02-23

Jo Rabin
Tomorrow's meeting will review scenes from "The Scottish Play":

"Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble."

It's time to take a look at those pots simmering on the hob, now that
Barcelona has been and gone for another year.

"When shall we three meet again?
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?"

Plus, review the meeting schedule.

Attendance is open to W3C Members Only

Chair: Jo

Team Contact: Dom (?)

Known Regrets: Francois

Please make sure that if you are sending regrets you do so _before_ the
call and please use the member list to do so:

mailto:[hidden email]?subject=Regrets%20for%20BPWG%202010-02-23

Agenda:

1. BP2

Status update on implementation reports.

2. CT Guidelines

Status update review of responses to LC Comments

3. ISSUE and ACTION Tidy Up

I expect that there is little that needs to remain open so we can rattle
through this.

4. AOB

Including discussion of periodicity of meeting.


Logistics:

Date: 2010-02-23T1430Z
[0630 US Pacific, 0930 US Eastern, 1430 UK/Ireland, 1530 CET, 1630
Helsinki]

Phone: tel:+16177616200, tel:+33489063499 or tel:+441173706152
Code 2794 ("BPWG") followed by #

IRC: irc://irc.w3.org:6665#bpwg




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [agenda] BPWG Call 2010-02-23

Jeff Sonstein-2
On Feb 22, 2010, at 8:50 AM, Jo Rabin wrote:

> Date: 2010-02-23T1430Z
> [0630 US Pacific, 0930 US Eastern, 1430 UK/Ireland, 1530 CET, 1630
> Helsinki]

I *may* be 15 minutes late
as I must get rms to his 1st appt of the day  ;^}

jeffs

--
"Workers were called,
  and human beings came."
- Max Frisch -
============

Prof. Jeff Sonstein

http://www.it.rit.edu/~jxs/
http://ariadne.iz.net/~jeffs/
http://chw.rit.edu/blog/
http://ariadne.iz.net/~jeffs/jeffs.asc
http://www.it.rit.edu/~jxs/emailDisclaimer.html


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [agenda] BPWG Call 2010-02-23

Appelquist, Daniel, VF-Group
In reply to this post by Jo Rabin
Re: [agenda] BPWG Call 2010-02-23 One potential addition to our agenda -

I ran into Seungyun Lee in Barcelona last week and we discussed the challenges they have in the Korean market. We agreed there could be some scope for BP group providing some additional information about implementation to bolster the outreach efforts in Korea.

Seungyun — can you provide some more detail on the type of information you need? If possible, can you attend tomorrow’s call to discuss further?

Thanks!
Dan


On 22/02/2010 13:50, "Jo Rabin" <jo@...> wrote:

Tomorrow's meeting will review scenes from "The Scottish Play":

"Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble."

It's time to take a look at those pots simmering on the hob, now that
Barcelona has been and gone for another year.

"When shall we three meet again?
In thunder, lightning, or in rain?"

Plus, review the meeting schedule.

Attendance is open to W3C Members Only

Chair: Jo

Team Contact: Dom (?)

Known Regrets: Francois

Please make sure that if you are sending regrets you do so _before_ the
call and please use the member list to do so:

[hidden email]

Agenda:

1. BP2

Status update on implementation reports.

2. CT Guidelines

Status update review of responses to LC Comments

3. ISSUE and ACTION Tidy Up

I expect that there is little that needs to remain open so we can rattle
through this.

4. AOB

Including discussion of periodicity of meeting.


Logistics:

Date: 2010-02-23T1430Z
[0630 US Pacific, 0930 US Eastern, 1430 UK/Ireland, 1530 CET, 1630
Helsinki]

Phone: tel:+16177616200, tel:+33489063499 or tel:+441173706152
Code 2794 ("BPWG") followed by #

IRC: irc://irc.w3.org:6665#bpwg






smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [agenda] BPWG Call 2010-02-23

Yeliz Yesilada
Regrets, I will not be able to attend today.

Regards,
Yeliz.
On 22 Feb 2010, at 18:51, Appelquist, Daniel, VF-Group wrote:

> One potential addition to our agenda -
>
> I ran into Seungyun Lee in Barcelona last week and we discussed the  
> challenges they have in the Korean market. We agreed there could be  
> some scope for BP group providing some additional information about  
> implementation to bolster the outreach efforts in Korea.
>
> Seungyun — can you provide some more detail on the type of  
> information you need? If possible, can you attend tomorrow’s call  
> to discuss further?
>
> Thanks!
> Dan
>
>
> On 22/02/2010 13:50, "Jo Rabin" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Tomorrow's meeting will review scenes from "The Scottish Play":
>
> "Double, double toil and trouble;
> Fire burn, and cauldron bubble."
>
> It's time to take a look at those pots simmering on the hob, now that
> Barcelona has been and gone for another year.
>
> "When shall we three meet again?
> In thunder, lightning, or in rain?"
>
> Plus, review the meeting schedule.
>
> Attendance is open to W3C Members Only
>
> Chair: Jo
>
> Team Contact: Dom (?)
>
> Known Regrets: Francois
>
> Please make sure that if you are sending regrets you do so _before_  
> the
> call and please use the member list to do so:
>
> mailto:[hidden email]?subject=Regrets%20for%20BPWG%202010-02-23
>
> Agenda:
>
> 1. BP2
>
> Status update on implementation reports.
>
> 2. CT Guidelines
>
> Status update review of responses to LC Comments
>
> 3. ISSUE and ACTION Tidy Up
>
> I expect that there is little that needs to remain open so we can  
> rattle
> through this.
>
> 4. AOB
>
> Including discussion of periodicity of meeting.
>
>
> Logistics:
>
> Date: 2010-02-23T1430Z
> [0630 US Pacific, 0930 US Eastern, 1430 UK/Ireland, 1530 CET, 1630
> Helsinki]
>
> Phone: tel:+16177616200, tel:+33489063499 or tel:+441173706152
> Code 2794 ("BPWG") followed by #
>
> IRC: irc://irc.w3.org:6665#bpwg
>
>
>
>
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[agenda] BPWG Call 2010-03-02

Appelquist, Daniel, VF-Group
In reply to this post by Jo Rabin
[agenda] BPWG Call 2010-03-02 Ok – we’re going to try again for scenes from "The Scottish Play". Maybe “The Tempest” would be a better suggestion – or possibly “Much Ado About Nothing.”

At any rate:

Attendance is open to W3C Members Only

Chair: Dan

Team Contact: Dom (?)

Known Regrets: Francois

Please make sure that if you are sending regrets you do so _before_ the call and please use the member list to do so:

[hidden email]

Agenda:

1. BP2

Status update on implementation reports.

2. CT Guidelines

Status update review of responses to LC Comments

3. ISSUE and ACTION Tidy Up

I expect that there is little that needs to remain open so we can rattle
through this.

4. AOB

Including discussion of periodicity of meeting.


Logistics:

Date: 2010-03-02T1430Z
[0630 US Pacific, 0930 US Eastern, 1430 UK/Ireland, 1530 CET, 1630
Helsinki]

Phone: tel:+16177616200, tel:+33489063499 or tel:+441173706152
Code 2794 ("BPWG") followed by #

IRC: irc://irc.w3.org:6665#bpwg


smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[minutes] BPWG Call 2010-03-02

Dominique Hazael-Massieux-2
Hi,

The minutes of the call today are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2010/03/02-bpwg-minutes.html
and copied as text below.

The main lessons from the call are:
* the group is still looking for implementation reports on the Mobile
Web Application Best Practices
* the group needs someone to drive the effort on the content
transformation guidelines test suites shortly, or the document might not
make it to standard status - SeanP will look into contributing to this

Dom

        Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference

02 Mar 2010

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://www.w3.org/mid/C7B1B782.9FA0%25daniel.appelquist@...

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/03/02-bpwg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          DKA, jo, edc, Dom, SeanP

   Regrets
          Alan, Bruce, Francois, JeffS, Jerome, Kai, Tom, Yeliz

   Chair
          DKA, Jo

   Scribe
          Jo

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]BP2 and implementation reports
         2. [6]Status Reports on BP2
         3. [7]CT Guidelines Update / Status / LC Comments
         4. [8]CT Guidelines
         5. [9]Issues and Actions tidy up
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <DKA>
   [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2010Mar/0000.htm
   l

     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2010Mar/0000.html

   <scribe> scribe: Jo

BP2 and implementation reports

Status Reports on BP2

   adam: lots of implementation reports from Google but have not seen
   any others

   dka: we're working on one at vodafone

   dom: anyone else working on anything?

   dka: how about if Starbucks offered free coffee vouchers in return
   for implementation reports? (sic)
   ... how about transcoding vendors?

   seanp: what are you looking for?

   dka: not that you have to implement all of the bps, but if you can
   show you implemented some of them then it would help

   seanp: so if any of the BPs are being followed in the process of
   transformation

   dka: yeah

   seanp: I'll check into it

   dka: what about W3C?

   dom: not sure, but would it help ref credibility?
   ... I'll look into it
   ... but don't think it will help ref CR
   ... quickly denies that he will look into it but that Francois will

   adam: anyone have a contact with FaceBook?

   dka: yes I do, I will contact them
   ... Facebook and Opera that is

CT Guidelines Update / Status / LC Comments

   <scribe> ACTION: dan to contact facebook and Opera ref
   implementation reports for BP2 [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/02-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-1041 - Contact facebook and Opera ref
   implementation reports for BP2 [on Daniel Appelquist - due
   2010-03-09].

CT Guidelines

   ->
   [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2010Jan
   Mar/ Comments

     [13] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2010JanMar/

   <dom> [14]Thomas is happy

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2010JanMar/0010.html

   <dom> [15]PFWG happy with two, looking for consensus on third

     [15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2010JanMar/0012.html

   jo: PFWG is going back to consider the outstanding point

   dom: they have till March 11 to come back on it

   <dom> [16]Anne's point on XMLHttpRequest

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2010JanMar/0011.html

   <dom> [17]Eduardo's comment

     [17] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2010JanMar/0013.html

   dka: any other comments ... TAG ... ?

   jo: no, nothing

   dom: if we don't get feedback then we need to explain that we tried
   to reach them and there was no reply
   ... director may ask questions, but basically we are done

   jo: main concern is that we have no test suite

   dka: someone needs to own the test suite

   dom: given the time constraints, waiting means the document won't
   get finished

   dka: is there some way we can all join in to fill this void?
   ... what is the way forward, Dom?

   dom: if people are implementing the guidelines they will need to do
   something like this, so how about checking with potential
   implementors to see if there is anything they can contribute

   dka: so, Sean, is there anything you can share with the group

   <EdC> A potential issue is that whatever transcoder vendors and
   operators are doing are probably validation modules within their
   existing (probably proprietary or in-house) testing harnesses.

   dka: otherwise it will sit at CR for ever
   ... which would be a shame (summary)

   seanp: I have enquired as to whether I could take charge of the test
   suite, but not very positive as I am very busy

   dka: but if you can contribute some tests of some sort then that
   would be useful

   seanp: don't think we have any tests that match up exactly
   ... we started work on it a while ago but have been waiting for
   other bits to stabilize
   ... not clear that there is much vendor pull to complete

   <EdC> Test suites usually contain input data set (i.e. WWW pages and
   HTTP header), expected output specification (could be WWW pages with
   HTTP header fields), and a programmed mechanism to process input
   through a system under test and compare the outcome with expected
   results. I would expect the first element to be usable, possibly the
   second, but (except if it is really modular and made with open
   software) little from the third.

   seanp: I will check on this and we want to see this at Rec so I will
   do my best

   <scribe> ACTION: patterson to do his best to encourage his
   colleagues to allow some time to be spent on CT test suite [recorded
   in [18]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/02-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-1042 - Do his best to encourage his
   colleagues to allow some time to be spent on CT test suite [on Sean
   Patterson - due 2010-03-09].

   dka: sorry to pick on you Sean

   <dom> EdC, I think the most important things is to get 1 and 2 done;
   3 is just the icing on the cake

Issues and Actions tidy up

   dka: er, perhaps we should defer this to another time

   jo: er, OK, how often do we want calls from now on?

   dka: how about we have calls as planned on 9th and 16th - not on
   23rd, AC meeting, then resume on 30th
   ... I wont be here on 16th

   [call adjourned]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: dan to contact facebook and Opera ref implementation
   reports for BP2 [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/02-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: patterson to do his best to encourage his colleagues
   to allow some time to be spent on CT test suite [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2010/03/02-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

   [End of minutes]