Yet another comment about the new style sheets

Yet another comment about the new style sheets

Shane McCarron
Hi!

I noticed something today (I am developing specs using the new style sheets - yay me!).  When there are multiple dd elements in a row, the default spacing for them is too wide.   Here's an example:

<dl>
<dt>Some term</dt>
<dd>a concept</dd>
<dd>Another concept</dd>
<dd>A third concept</dd>
<dt>Another term</dt>
<dd>The concept</dd>
</dl>

The 1em spacing between dd elements is really wide.  For subsequent dd elements in a row, could we tighten them up?  0.5em?  0.25em?

Shane McCarron

Re: Yet another comment about the new style sheets

Antonio Olmo Titos
fantasai, I took the liberty of tagging what is right now on master (last commit: 27 Jan).
https://github.com/w3c/tr-design/releases/tag/v1.0.0-rc1

That way we have a clear reference of what will be deployed in three weeks.

On 09/02/16 Shane wrote:
> [...]
> For subsequent dd elements in a row, could we tighten them up?  0.5em?  0.25em?

I also suggest that we branch out tr-design now, or it's going to be a mess.
* One branch to keep on working on TR Design 2017 and any new ideas (eg Shane's).
* The other branch only for critical fixes to v1.0.0-rc1 in the next very few days.

--
Antonio Olmo Titos
  web developer, W3C

Re: Yet another comment about the new style sheets

fantasai
On 02/09/2016 10:51 AM, Antonio Olmo Titos wrote:

> fantasai, I took the liberty of tagging what is right now on master (last commit: 27 Jan).
> https://github.com/w3c/tr-design/releases/tag/v1.0.0-rc1
>
> That way we have a clear reference of what will be deployed in three weeks.
>
> On 09/02/16 Shane wrote:
>> [...]
>> For subsequent dd elements in a row, could we tighten them up?  0.5em?  0.25em?
>
> I also suggest that we branch out tr-design now, or it's going to be a mess.
> * One branch to keep on working on TR Design 2017 and any new ideas (eg Shane's).
> * The other branch only for critical fixes to v1.0.0-rc1 in the next very few days.

Hi Antonio,
I fixed a bunch of a11y issues just now, so I think we do need to
rev the style sheets. Shouldn't affect any markup dependencies,
though, so should be safe to deploy.

I took the liberty of fixing Shane's <dd> issue while I was at it.

I think that closes all open issues against the style sheet!
   https://github.com/w3c/tr-design/issues

Can you post the dated URL to fixup.js that everyone needs to include?
I still don't know what it is.

~fantasai

On 18/02/16 15:03, fantasai wrote:
> [...]
> Can you post the dated URL to fixup.js that everyone needs to include?
> I still don't know what it is.

The URL is: w3.org/scripts/TR/2016/fixup.js
(I'll make sure to refresh CSS and JS on w3.org if it's required after your changes, fantasai)

--
Antonio Olmo Titos
  web developer, W3C