XSL-FO meetup @ XML Prague 2012 ???

Tony Graham-4
XML Prague 2012 [1] is this year including a pre-conference day on Friday,
10 March 2012 that is open to just about any sort of event.

The W3C XML Print and Page Layout Working Group [3] is looking at holding
a XSL-FO meetup at the pre-conference day.  If we get enough interest
(from people who'll be at the conference), then we can ask the organisers
for a room.

The format and content is totally undecided at this point and, as with
whether or not the event even goes ahead, will depend on your feedback.
Possible ideas include:

 - Update on the XSL-FO 2.0 work

 - 'Ignite'-style lightning talks on XSL-FO

 - XSL-FO tutorial (sub)session

You can express your interest by responding by private email or by
registering your interest on Lanyrd.com (http://lanyrd.com/cfhpp) or
LinkedIn [4] (and sorry for using means that require you to register, but
it's the network effect: both places already had XML-Prague-related
events/forums).  If you're interested in presenting, that would be even
better.

We have until late November to confirm whether we need a room, but it
would be better to have an idea of numbers sooner rather than later.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   [hidden email]
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
 --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --  --
    XML, XSL FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming

[1] http://www.xmlprague.cz/2012/index.html
[2] http://xmlprague.wordpress.com/2011/10/17/pre-conference-day/
[3] http://www.w3.org/XML/XPPL/
[4] http://events.linkedin.com/XSL-FO-meetup-XML-Prague-2012/pub/835303

Re: XSL-FO meetup @ XML Prague 2012 ???

Tony Graham-4
On Mon, October 24, 2011 9:46 am, Tony Graham wrote:
> XML Prague 2012 [1] is this year including a pre-conference day on Friday,
> 10 March 2012 that is open to just about any sort of event.
>
> The W3C XML Print and Page Layout Working Group [3] is looking at holding
> a XSL-FO meetup at the pre-conference day.  If we get enough interest
> (from people who'll be at the conference), then we can ask the organisers
> for a room.

The meetup is on the XML Prague 'Pre-conference Friday' page at
http://www.xmlprague.cz/2012/pre-conference-friday.html, but only as a
'tentative' event.

If you are going to XML Prague in February and you want to come to a
XSL-FO meetup, now would be a good time to register your interest, since
it can only go ahead if we can get enough people expressing their interest
in time.

> You can express your interest by responding by private email or by
> registering your interest on Lanyrd.com (http://lanyrd.com/cfhpp) or
> LinkedIn [4] (and sorry for using means that require you to register, but
> it's the network effect: both places already had XML-Prague-related
> events/forums).  If you're interested in presenting, that would be even
> better.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                         [hidden email]
Consultant                                       http://www.mentea.net
W3C XML Print and Page Layout WG Invited Expert, XML Guild member
Mentea       XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming
Menteith Consulting Ltd trading as Mentea
Registered in Ireland -- Company No. 428599 - Business Name No. 427521
Directors: Tony Graham, Mary Tan (American)