XPATH access functions

JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA

Dear all,

My understanding of the access functions is that they are only wrappers
to the delivery context properties that in a more generic way can be
accesed using the DCI API.

Is that vision correct?

Thanks and Best Regards

RE: XPATH access functions

Rotan Hanrahan

The original functions were based on those mentioned in CSS Media Queries, specifically to provide a migration path from CSSMQ to the more flexible DISelect. They even borrow the CSSMQ names. We call these the starter set. But, of course, the community is encouraged to consider extending them to access additional properties, not just those described in DCI.

One could even envisage a generic property accessor (though a lot more thinking would need to go into that idea before we could recommend it).

The set of properties to be proposed as an initial vocabulary in the DDWG's DDR would be a good start, when the time comes.

---Rotan.

My understanding of the access functions is that they are only wrappers to the delivery context properties that in a more generic way can be accesed using the DCI API.

Is that vision correct?

Thanks and Best Regards

Re: RE: XPATH access functions

JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA
ok, thanks one more time for your quick responses. I agree with the DDWG
thing

Best Regards

----
José Manuel Cantera Fonseca
Telefónica I+D

> The original functions were based on those mentioned in CSS Media
> Queries, specifically to provide a migration path from CSSMQ to the
> more flexible DISelect. They even borrow the CSSMQ names. We call
> these the starter set. But, of course, the community is encouraged
> to consider extending them to access additional properties, not
> just those described in DCI.
>
> One could even envisage a generic property accessor (though a lot
> more thinking would need to go into that idea before we could
> recommend it).
>
> The set of properties to be proposed as an initial vocabulary in
> the DDWG's DDR would be a good start, when the time comes.
>
> ---Rotan.

jmcf.vcf (41 bytes) Download Attachment