Quantcast

XML Source

Threaded

XML Source

Scott A Tovey

Hi,

I am looking for a copy of the XML source of the
HTML language for 4.01, XHTML 1.0, XHTML 1.1 and
HTML 5.0.

I have a novel concept for a standards compliant
browser but I need to look at the actual XML
source files, not white papers or documentation
explaining how the language works.

The concept is to create a browser that will be
standards compliant even if a new language is
created.

With proper implementation, this browser will be
able to render all tags properly. Including tags
that have yet to be considered.

Can you direct me to where I can download a copy
of these files?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Scott A Tovey

Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Threaded

Re: XML Source

David Dorward-3

On 23 Mar 2008, at 04:02, Scott A Tovey wrote:

> I am looking for a copy of the XML source of the
> HTML language for 4.01, XHTML 1.0, XHTML 1.1 and
> HTML 5.0.

The DTDs for HTML 4.x and XHTML 1.x are linked from their relevant
specifications. HTML5 is unfinished, and isn't an SGML or XML
application so doesn't have a DTD.

There is no "XML source" for the language though, as far as I know,
there is no XML application that can express the specifications.

> With proper implementation, this browser will be
> able to render all tags properly. Including tags
> that have yet to be considered.

I don't think that is possible.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/

Threaded

Re: XML Source

Ian Hickson

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008, Scott A Tovey wrote:

> I am looking for a copy of the XML source of the HTML language for 4.01,
> XHTML 1.0, XHTML 1.1 and HTML 5.0.

I don't know about the other three, but for HTML5 the main document is
available at:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/

It is generated from this hand-edited source document using some
preprocessor scripts to number headers and link cross-references:

   http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/source

HTH,