XML Schema validates non-WADL documents

Ivanco Maros

Hi guys,

    I am just reading WADL submission (http://www.w3.org/Submission/wadl/) and noticed, that “normative” XML Schema for WADL (http://www.w3.org/Submission/wadl/wadl.xsd) can validate documents, which are potentially not valid WADL:

<param xmlns="http://wadl.dev.java.net/2009/02"/>

Are the elements like param, resource,… modeled as global elements intentionally, or is this a bug?

Next, according to the spec (http://www.w3.org/Submission/wadl/#x3-180002.9), the request parameter style should be either query or header. Though, the following document validates as WADL just fine:

<method name="GET">

  <request>

    <param name="id" style="template"/>

  </request>

Again, is it a bug?

Can I create an issue somewhere or even update the scheme?

Thank you.

Maros.

global-elements.wadl (70 bytes) Download Attachment
templete-param-in-request.wadl (370 bytes) Download Attachment