XML Schema 1.1 Tutorial

Ramkumar Menon
I wanted to share with everyone interested this tutorial on XML Schema 1.1 a while back, describing various new XML Schema 1.1 features with examples.

regards,
Ram

Re: XML Schema 1.1 Tutorial

Mukul Gandhi
responding very late to this post. Nice writeup.

Regards,
Mukul Gandhi

Written from an android mobile

On Wednesday, February 20, 2013, Ramkumar Menon <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I wanted to share with everyone interested this tutorial on XML Schema 1.1 a while back, describing various new XML Schema 1.1 features with examples.
> https://blogs.oracle.com/rammenon/entry/xml_schema_11_what_you_need_to
>
> regards,
> Ram

Mukul Gandhi

Re: XML Schema 1.1 Tutorial

Maik Stührenberg
Hello Ramkumar and Mukul,

thanks for the tutorial and thanks for bringing this up again.
However, I'm a bit puzzled, in Section 2. Extensibility and Versioning
you state that, "Also considered legal is a competition between two
wildcards. However, competition between two elements is still considered
a violation of the rule."

However, in the current version of XSD 1.1 in Section 3.8.6.4 one can
read the following:
"A content model must not contain two element particles which compete
with each other, nor two wildcard particles which compete with each other.
Note: Content models in which an element particle and a wildcard
particle compete with each other are not prohibited. In such cases, the
Element Declaration is chosen [...]"

As far as I understand in this point you tutorial is not correct, since
competing wildcard particles are still forbidden.

Regards,

Maik Stührenberg

--
Dr. Maik Stührenberg
Universität Bielefeld
http://www.xstandoff.net

Re: XML Schema 1.1 Tutorial

Mukul Gandhi
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Maik Stührenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

As far as I understand in this point you tutorial is not correct, since competing wildcard particles are still forbidden.

I agree with your analysis of this point in tutorial wrt what is intended by the spec.

Mukul Gandhi

Re: XML Schema 1.1 Tutorial

Ramkumar Menon
My Apologies. I completely missed responses to this thread - I will make the changes to the tutorial as suggested.

Mukul/Mark,
Thank you for taking your time to review the tutorial.

regards,
Ram

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:45 AM, Mukul Gandhi <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Maik Stührenberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

As far as I understand in this point you tutorial is not correct, since competing wildcard particles are still forbidden.

I agree with your analysis of this point in tutorial wrt what is intended by the spec.

Mukul Gandhi

--
Shift to the left, shift to the right!
Pop up, push down, byte, byte, byte!