XForms 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation

John Boyer

It's official, XForms 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation.
See the www.w3.org main page now.

Also, for W3C members, please see the announcement to the AC:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2009OctDec/0025.html

Congratulations to the Forms WG and the Forms community.

Best regards,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: [hidden email]

Blog:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/JohnBoyer
Blog RSS feed:

XForms 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation

T.V Raman

Congratulations Gang!

Re: XForms 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation

Sebastian Schnitzenbaumer-2
T.V Raman schrieb:
> Congratulations Gang!

Yep! Thanks for doing a great job.

All the best,

- Sebastian

RE: XForms 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation

Philip Fennell-3
> It's official, XForms 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation.

Excellent news!

Best regards and well done to everyone involved

Philip Fennell
Consultant

Mark Logic
www.marklogic.com

E-mail: [hidden email]

Blog RSS feed: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/rss/JohnBoyer?flavor=rssdw

Re: XForms 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation

Bugzilla from ku.b@gmx.de
May I ask,
   where is the reference implementation to XFORMS 1.1?

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management
www.behrmann.name + www.oyranos.org

From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <[hidden email]>
To: John Boyer/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA
Cc: [hidden email], [hidden email]
Date: 10/21/2009 12:31 PM
Subject: Re: XForms 1.1 is  a W3C Recommendation

From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <[hidden email]>
To: John Boyer/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA
Cc: [hidden email], [hidden email]
Date: 10/21/2009 12:31 PM

May I ask,
  where is the reference implementation to XFORMS 1.1?

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management

Am 20.10.09, 14:41 -0700 schrieb John Boyer:
> It's official, XForms 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation.
> See the
>
> Also, for W3C members, please see the announcement to the AC:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2009OctDec/0025.html

> Congratulations to the Forms WG and the Forms community.
>
> Best regards,
> John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
> STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
> Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
> Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Software
> IBM Victoria Software Lab
> E-Mail: [hidden email]
>
> Blog:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/JohnBoyer
> Blog RSS feed:

Re: XForms 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation

Joern Turner
Scott,

yes AFAIK you are right. But this does not mean that there are no
mature and powerful implementations out there that have been proven in
a lot of real-life projects. I agree that from an interoperability
point of view we still have to do some work. On the other hand XForms
1.1 is such a big improvement over 1.0 that it's probably not
astonishing that the implementers haven't addressed all new
functionality yet. But be sure that we're working on it. For my part i
can say that we're beyond 95% now and have automated the testsuite for
regression testing. Stay tuned and i'm sure you'll see conformant
processors in the public space within a few weeks or months from now.

Probably it would be worth for the WG to think about doing less in one
step. This would certainly make the implemeners life easier and
probably lead to fully conformant processors in shorter time. But
there was hardly a chance to do so for 1.1 as so many lessons-learned
had to be addressed.  Hope there will be a chance for 1.2 but in a
world that ask for features features features ...

Anyway i think the WG did fantastic work and XForms will have a bright
future within the xml technology toolset AND it's definitely a
technology you can use right now.

Joern
On Wednesday, October 21, 2009, Scott Shattuck <[hidden email]> wrote:

> While I applaud the work of the XForms group I have to note that none of the implementation reports appear to be without failures, some in areas I'd consider significant such as event dispatch and submission processing. So in fact, there do not appear to be any fully-compliant implementations of the 1.1 specification at this time. Is that correct?
>
> ss
>
> On Oct 21, 2009, at 1:59 PM, John Boyer wrote:
>

> Advancement to W3C Proposed Recommendation(PR),
> which is the step before the one announced here that occurred in August,
> is supported by an implementation report containing results from numerous
> implementations.  The implementation report link appears in the PR
> status section.  A number of these implementations are open source
> projects.
>

> Cheers,
>
> John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
> STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
> Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
> Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Software
> IBM Victoria Software Lab
> E-Mail: [hidden email] <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', '[hidden email]');>
>
> Blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/JohnBoyer
> Blog RSS feed: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/rss/JohnBoyer?flavor=rssdw
>

> From:
> Kai-Uwe Behrmann <[hidden email] <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', '[hidden email]');>>
>
> To:
> John Boyer/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA
>
> Cc:
> [hidden email] <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', '[hidden email]');>, [hidden email] <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', '[hidden email]');>
>
> Date:
> 10/21/2009 12:31 PM

> Re: XForms 1.1 is  a W3C Recommendation
>

> May I ask,
>    where is the reference implementation to XFORMS 1.1?
>

> kind regards
> Kai-Uwe Behrmann
> --
> developing for colour management
> www.behrmann.name
> + www.oyranos.org
>

> Am 20.10.09, 14:41 -0700 schrieb John Boyer:
>> It's official, XForms 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation.
>> See the www.w3.org
> main page now.
>>
>> Also, for W3C members, please see the announcement to the AC:
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2009OctDec/0025.html
>>
>> Congratulations to the Forms WG and the Forms community.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
>> STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
>> Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
>> Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Software
>> IBM Victoria Software Lab
>> E-Mail: [hidden email] <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', '[hidden email]');>
>>
>> Blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/JohnBoyer
>> Blog RSS feed:
>> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/rss/JohnBoyer?flavor=rssdw

Re: XForms 1.1 is a W3C Recommendation

Aaron Reed
Excellent!  Thanks to everyone in the WG for all of your long hard work.

--Aaron