XForms 1.1 Namespace question?

Linus Kamb-2
Just wondering if the namespace is to be changed for the XForms 1.1
specification.

The document:  http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/PR-xforms11-20090818/

lists the namespace the same as the 1.0 version:
http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms

http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/PR-xforms11-20090818/#structure-namespace

E.R. Harold reported that there was to be a new namespace
http://www.w3.org/2004/xforms/

With a trailing slash.  (I thought trailing slashes were non-standard.)

Just a comment.

Thanks,

Linus Kamb

Re: XForms 1.1 Namespace question?

John Boyer

Hi Linus,

The namespace is the same.
XForms now has a version attribute that allows the processing of content to be distinguished if necessary.
Also, it's not a huge deal, but this forms editor list is intended for "formal" comments on the specification. So, please send discussion email and questions like this to www-forms instead because there is special process handling of all emails that come to this list.

Thank you,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Interactive Documents and Web 2.0 Applications
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: [hidden email]

Blog: