Which WSDL specification should I support?

ear

Which WSDL specification should I support?

ear
Hello,

I am thinking about writing a WSDL stub generator for J2ME applications. It is desired to have interopt with .NET as well as Apache and other Web/App servers. Microsoft .NET supports WSDL 1.0/1.1 specification but not WSDL 2.0 specification. So, Question is which WSDL 1.0/1.1/2.0 specifications to support to maximize tools usefulness? My thinking is that maybe I should support only 1.1 and latter enhance tool to support 2.0 as it becomes widely inuse. What do you guys think?

Re: Which WSDL specification should I support?

Arthur Ryman-2

Erica,

Your analysis sounds correct if you want to work with .NET.

Arthur Ryman, Technical Executive (IBM DE)
Project and Program Management, Rational Division

phone:      +1-905-413-3077, TL 313-3077
assistant: +1-905-413-3831, TL 313-3831
fax:            +1-905-413-4920, TL 313-4920
mobile:     +1-416-939-5063

ear <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

05/09/2008 08:03 PM

cc
Subject
Which WSDL specification should I support?

Hello,

I am thinking about writing a WSDL stub generator for J2ME applications. It
is desired to have interopt with .NET as well as Apache and other Web/App
servers. Microsoft .NET supports WSDL 1.0/1.1 specification but not WSDL 2.0
specification. So, Question is which WSDL 1.0/1.1/2.0 specifications to
support to maximize tools usefulness? My thinking is that maybe I should
support only 1.1 and latter enhance tool to support 2.0 as it becomes widely
inuse. What do you guys think?

Thanks,

-----
[hidden email] Erica A Ramsey