Quantcast

Where is the schedule of upcoming TAG meetings?

Threaded

Where is the schedule of upcoming TAG meetings?

Noah Mendelsohn
I was looking at the TAG's Web site because I wanted to see when and where
the TAG will be meeting in 2016. [1] lists only the Melbourne meeting
that's already happened, and if it's in [2] I'm being too dense to notice.

I do think it's very helpful to the community for the TAG to publicize its
schedule, to make minutes easy to find, etc. (I have noticed in your
minutes that you are contemplating some work on making the Web site more
useful, so perhaps dealing with things like this is already in progress).

Thank you!

Noah

[1] https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
[2] https://github.com/w3ctag/meetings

Threaded

Re: Where is the schedule of upcoming TAG meetings?

Mark Nottingham-2
Hi Noah,

We've just (~five minutes ago) refreshed the TAG github page, and it includes the next meeting date:
  https://w3ctag.github.io

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

Threaded

Re: Where is the schedule of upcoming TAG meetings?

Noah Mendelsohn
I appreciate the thoughtful response but unless I'm looking in the wrong
part of the git hub tree all I'm seeing is:

  01-mel Update README.md 21 days ago
        telecons Update 02-17-agenda.md

Overall, I can see why git hub makes a lot of sense and it is no problem
for me personally (I use git all the time, of course), but there are many
folks out there who may be interested in Web architecture who find it
confusing. You sort of have to know that "hey, Mark lives in Melbourne so
they probably meet in Melbourne so "01-mel Update README.md" might
translate as "January 13-15 2016 TAG Meeting in Melbourne".

Anyway, am I missing a list of upcoming meetings? Thank you.

BTW: the new tag home page does look nice!

Noah

On 2/10/2016 4:08 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> Hi Noah,
>
> We've just (~five minutes ago) refreshed the TAG github page, and it includes the next meeting date:
>    https://w3ctag.github.io
>
> Cheers,
>

>> On 6 Feb 2016, at 2:36 pm, Noah Mendelsohn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I was looking at the TAG's Web site because I wanted to see when and where the TAG will be meeting in 2016. [1] lists only the Melbourne meeting that's already happened, and if it's in [2] I'm being too dense to notice.
>>
>> I do think it's very helpful to the community for the TAG to publicize its schedule, to make minutes easy to find, etc. (I have noticed in your minutes that you are contemplating some work on making the Web site more useful, so perhaps dealing with things like this is already in progress).
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Noah
>>

>> [1] https://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
>> [2] https://github.com/w3ctag/meetings
>>

> --
> Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/

Threaded

Re: Where is the schedule of upcoming TAG meetings?

Daniel Appelquist-4
Hi Noah - we’ve moved this “working” info over to our tag.w3.org page. The next f2f is going to be in London 29-31 March.

It’s good feedback though – I’ll amend the “README” file for that repo to point back to where the canonical list is.

Dan

On 2/16/2016 1:39 PM, Daniel Appelquist wrote:
> Hi Noah - we’ve moved this “working” info over to our tag.w3.org page.

Well, that page says...

Agendas and minutes are in our [meetings repository].

Where that is a link to the (somewhat confusing) git repo after all. What
am I missing?

Noah

On 17 Feb 2016, at 5:30 AM, Noah Mendelsohn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I appreciate the thoughtful response but unless I'm looking in the wrong part of the git hub tree all I'm seeing is:
>
> 01-mel Update README.md 21 days ago
> telecons Update 02-17-agenda.md
>
> Overall, I can see why git hub makes a lot of sense and it is no problem for me personally (I use git all the time, of course), but there are many folks out there who may be interested in Web architecture who find it confusing. You sort of have to know that "hey, Mark lives in Melbourne so they probably meet in Melbourne so "01-mel Update README.md" might translate as "January 13-15 2016 TAG Meeting in Melbourne".
>
> Anyway, am I missing a list of upcoming meetings? Thank you.

See under "Upcoming Events" in the link I sent -- it says:

"""
The next TAG face-to-face meeting is 29-31 March in London (invite only).
"""

We're currently firming up the meeting after that.

> BTW: the new tag home page does look nice!

Thanks!

Cheers,