What is meant by: experimental feature HTML5 Conformance Checker?

What is meant by: experimental feature HTML5 Conformance Checker?

Rick Sportel
Hi,

What is meant by:
experimental feature: HTML5 Conformance Checker.

I tested de homepage of my website http://www.woontrendz.nl and it's the only feedback I got but I don't know what it is exactly. I've never seen it before.

Hope you can help me out to fix this.

Best regards,

Rick Sportel

Re: What is meant by: experimental feature HTML5 Conformance Checker?

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)

Rick Sportel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is meant by:
> /experimental feature: HTML5 Conformance Checker./

The text below that attempts to explain :

>     Info Using experimental feature: HTML5 Conformance Checker.
>
>     The validator checked your document with an experimental feature: HTML5 Conformance Checker. This feature has been made available for your convenience, but be aware that it may be unreliable, or not perfectly up to date with the latest development of some cutting-edge technologies. If you find any issues with this feature, please report them. Thank you.

In other words, you are using a potentially unstable software tool
(the HTML 5 Conformance Checker) which itself references an unstable
document (the HTML 5 Editor's Draft) as the benchmark against
which your document will be checked.

You need do nothing other than heed the warnings that basically
say "We cannot guarantee the accuracy of this validation".

Philip Taylor

Re: What is meant by: experimental feature HTML5 Conformance Checker?

Rick Sportel
Hi Philip,

Thank you very much for you quick reply. Good to know that I do not have to change anything.

Rick Sportel

2013/10/8 Philip Taylor <[hidden email]>

Rick Sportel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What is meant by:
> /experimental feature: HTML5 Conformance Checker./

The text below that attempts to explain :

>     Info Using experimental feature: HTML5 Conformance Checker.
>
>     The validator checked your document with an experimental feature: HTML5 Conformance Checker. This feature has been made available for your convenience, but be aware that it may be unreliable, or not perfectly up to date with the latest development of some cutting-edge technologies. If you find any issues with this feature, please report them. Thank you.

In other words, you are using a potentially unstable software tool
(the HTML 5 Conformance Checker) which itself references an unstable
document (the HTML 5 Editor's Draft) as the benchmark against
which your document will be checked.

You need do nothing other than heed the warnings that basically
say "We cannot guarantee the accuracy of this validation".

Philip Taylor

Re: What is meant by: experimental feature HTML5 Conformance Checker?

tsavage23
How do I turn this “experimental feature HTML5 Conformance Checker” off???

Tom Savage  [hidden email]

Re: What is meant by: experimental feature HTML5 Conformance Checker?

David Dorward-3
On 27 Sep 2014, at 4:49, tsavage23 wrote:

> How do I turn this “experimental feature HTML5 Conformance
> Checker” off???

Write a document in HTML 4.01 Strict or another markup language that the
validator has a non-experimental mode for.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.co.uk/

Re: What is meant by: experimental feature HTML5 Conformance Checker?

Jukka K. Korpela
2014-09-28 0:22, David Dorward wrote:

> On 27 Sep 2014, at 4:49, tsavage23 wrote:
>
>> How do I turn this “experimental feature HTML5 Conformance Checker”
>> off???
>
> Write a document in HTML 4.01 Strict or another markup language that the
> validator has a non-experimental mode for.

Or allow for 8 years for a) HTML5 to become finalized and) an HTML5
checker to be built.

The optimists say that this could take less than 8 years. Who knows?

Yucca

Re: What is meant by: experimental feature HTML5 Conformance Checker?

Steve Faulkner-2

On 27 September 2014 22:39, Jukka K. Korpela <[hidden email]> wrote:
Or allow for 8 years for a) HTML5 to become finalized

HTML5 is expected to become a REC in the next month or so.

--

Regards

SteveF
HTML 5.1