WebSockets, W3C, WHATWG and IETF

Stefan Hakansson LK
Hi,

the IETF HyBi wg has recently been formed as you all probably know (http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg00983.html), and protocol for the WebSockets API (of the W3C WebApps wg) is a main task for the wg.

Unfortunately the HyBi wg does not seem to get a smooth start, with individuals from WHATWG being dissatisfied with procedural questions as well as lack of clear expression of cooperation with WAHTWG in the HyBi charter (e.g. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/hybi/current/msg00987.html), receiving mixed responses.

Is there anything from W3C we could do to improve the situation? I guess all share the objective to get an agreed protocol for WS in place as soon as possible.

Br,
Stefan