WSDL 2.0 MEPS

Jerry-138
Dear All,

I've been investigating WSDL 2.0 MEPs.

In the latest Web Services Description Language (WSDL) Version 2.0: Additional MEPs (
http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl20-additional-meps) document, I see "In-Optional-Out MEP," "Out-Only MEP," "Robust Out-Only MEP," "Out-In MEP" and "Out-Optional-In MEP"

But I find references around the Internet to other WSDL 2,0 MEPs such as "In-Out" and "In-Only," to name but two. The only reference I can find to these other MEPS in any WSDL specification documentation are ones marked "Candidate Recommendation."

Does this mean this second set of MEPs are not officially part of the WSDL 2,0 specification and never where?

If I dig deeply enough into "In-Optional-Out MEP" would I find that it now includes what used to be "In-Only" and so "In-Only" was deemed redundant?

Thank you for any information and history!

Cheers,

Jerry

--
Signature0108

Millions of pet owners demand to know: "Who's a good boy?"

-- Headline from The Onion

Re: WSDL 2.0 MEPS

Arthur Ryman-2
Jerry,

The discussions occurred a long time ago. Have you looked at the mail
archives or minutes?

As I recall, we were trying to simplify the spec so we cut down the number
of MEPs to 4. However, MEPs are an extension point and  it was always
assumed that others would add new MEPs as required.

Arthur Ryman, PhD, DE

Chief Architect, Project and Portfolio Management

IBM Software, Rational

Markham, ON, Canada | Office: 905-413-3077, Cell: 416-939-5063
Twitter | Facebook | YouTube

From:
Jerry <[hidden email]>
To: