[WICD Core 1.0] i18n comment: IRI support forhyperlinking

[WICD Core 1.0] i18n comment: IRI support forhyperlinking

Felix Sasaki

Comment from the i18n review of:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-WICD-20051219/

Comment 1
At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0601-cdfcore/
Editorial/substantive: S
Location in reviewed document:

sec. 5 [http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-WICD-20051219/#hyperlinking]

Comment:

On hyperlinking: please make support for
IRIs [http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3987.txt]
 a mandatory feature for hyperlinking. It might be that the possiblity of referencing IRI depends on the languages being compounded, but you should have general guidelines for (new) languages as well.

Re: [WICD Core 1.0] i18n comment: IRI support forhyperlinking

Mark Baker

Hi,

This message is intended to serve as a response to both this comment,
as well as this one;

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-cdf/2006Jan/0063.html

> Comment from the i18n review of:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-WICD-20051219/
>
> Comment 1
> At http://www.w3.org/International/reviews/0601-cdfcore/
> Editorial/substantive: S
> Location in reviewed document:
>
> sec. 5 [http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-WICD-20051219/#hyperlinking]
>
> Comment:
>
> On hyperlinking: please make support for
> IRIs [http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3987.txt]
>  a mandatory feature for hyperlinking. It might be that the possiblity of referencing IRI depends on the languages being compounded, but you should have general guidelines for (new) languages as well.

The WG discussed this issue (and the other one referenced above) last
week at our f2f.  We agree that referencing the IRI RFC would depend
on the formats being compounded, but we also think that making any
recommendations for how hyperlinking should be done would overstep our
mandate.

Thanks for your comment.  Please let us know within 2 weeks if this
doesn't resolve the issue to your satisfaction.

Mark.