Quantcast

WFC: Parsed Entity

Threaded

WFC: Parsed Entity

SJ Kissane
Hi

I suggest that "WFC: Parsed Entity" in section 4.1 be split into a VC
and WFC. Suppose an unparsed entity is declared in the external DTD of
the document; use of that entity in the document would make it
invalid, but it cannot make it non-well-formed, since well-formedness
must be decidable without reading the external DTD. So "WFC: Parsed
Entity" should only apply to references to unparsed entities declared
to be as such in the internal DTD subset, not to unparsed entities
declared in the external DTD or in external parameter entities
referenced in the internal DTD subset; a separate VC should be defined
to apply to references to unparsed entities declared in external DTD
or external parameter entities referenced in the internal DTD subset.

Do you agree?

Regards
Simon Kissane

Threaded

Re: WFC: Parsed Entity

SJ Kissane
Please ignore my email; I just read section 5.2 and now realize why I am wrong.