W3C standard Annotea / Open Source ECM

Wendy L.

Hi,

I recently came across the W3C standard Annotea. This format was being suggested because Nuxeo/ECM allowed for ease of use and little programming efforts. They played well together.  Are other W3C standards under discussions similar to Annotea where they play well with other open source ECM’s or is there encouragement to use W3C standards as a way to make open source more interoperable? I would like to be knowledgeable of these types of initiatives so I can look at my schemas and DTDs and see where efforts can be reduced with our programming staff.

Thanks

-datatomato!

Re: W3C standard Annotea / Open Source ECM

Stephen Crawley-2
With all due respect ... isn't this a strange question to be asking on
this mailing list?  Questions about which W3C (or other) standards are
applicable to open source ECMs would surely be better asked on forums
that discuss open source ECMs and their implementation.

-- Steve

Wendy L. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently came across the W3C standard Annotea. This format was being
> suggested because Nuxeo/ECM allowed for ease of use and little
> programming efforts. They played well together.  Are other W3C
> standards under discussions similar to Annotea where they play well
> with other open source ECM’s or is there encouragement to use W3C
> standards as a way to make open source more interoperable? I would
> like to be knowledgeable of these types of initiatives so I can look
> at my schemas and DTDs and see where efforts can be reduced with our
> programming staff.
>

> *Thanks*
>
> *-datatomato!*

Re: W3C standard Annotea / Open Source ECM

Stephen Crawley-3

Wendy L. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently came across the W3C standard Annotea. This format was being
> suggested because Nuxeo/ECM allowed for ease of use and little
> programming efforts. They played well together.  Are other W3C
> standards under discussions similar to Annotea where they play well
> with other open source ECM’s or is there encouragement to use W3C
> standards as a way to make open source more interoperable? I would
> like to be knowledgeable of these types of initiatives so I can look
> at my schemas and DTDs and see where efforts can be reduced with our
> programming staff.
>

> *Thanks*
>
> *-datatomato!*

Yawas Firefox extension

Laurent Denoue
For what it's worth, the latest YAWAS highlighting/annotation tool for web pages is available at:
http://yawas.keeness.net

You are free to modify, build upon, etc. Even commercially.
Maybe someone will be interested in making a version that stores highlights in W3C formats/servers.
Currently, Yawas uses Google Bookmarks to persist data.

Laurent.