W3C document types research

Threaded

W3C document types research

Tomislav Jakopec-2

Hi,

 I am research assistant at department of information science in University of Osijek, Croatia. With my college I am doing research on web sites in Croatia domain (.hr). Research questions are: Is index page of web site declared to some document type and if so is it valid?; What share is taking upcoming html5 standard.

I literature overview we came up to this article that is directly link to what we are doing

http://www.computer.org/portal/web/csdl/doi/10.1109/MIC.2008.37

My question for you: Do you have any papers or survey results to this subject?

Tanks fo your time, greetengs from Osijek, Croatia!

--
Tomislav Jakopec, asistent
               FFOS

Re: W3C document types research

Dominique Hazael-Massieux-2
Le jeudi 25 novembre 2010 à 07:42 +0000, Tomislav Jakopec a écrit :
>  I am research assistant at department of information science in
> University of Osijek, Croatia. With my college I am doing research on
> web sites in Croatia domain (.hr). Research questions are: Is index
> page of web site declared to some document type and if so is it
> valid?; What share is taking upcoming html5 standard.
>
> My question for you: Do you have any papers or survey results to this
> subject?

The study that Opera ran a couple of years ago is probably relevant:
http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/mama/
e.g.
http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/mama-basic-document-structure/#doctypes
and http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/mama-markup-validation-report/