Vote for math fonts in Windows

Frédéric WANG
Dear all,

Following Neil's idea of MathML support in Edge, I've submitted a
related enhancement request that would be a first step and would require
less effort: add more math fonts to Windows. The URL is

https://windows.uservoice.com/forums/265757-windows-feature-suggestions/suggestions/9727281-add-new-math-fonts-latin-modern-math-and-stix-2

Frédéric

Re: Vote for math fonts in Windows

Neil Soiffer
That's a good idea. I've added my vote to that (you get 20 votes total, with at most three to any one project).

A number of people have added their support for getting MathML into IE by voting for it, and I thank you for that. There are MANY, MANY more people on this list that have not voted. It literally takes about 10 seconds to click on the link and vote. If you want to see math support in IE, please vote. My guess is that we need four times the number of people who have voted so far to make this have high visibility to the IE team, and that can only happen if YOU take a few seconds and put your vote in. Here's the link again:
https://windows.uservoice.com/forums/265757-windows-feature-suggestions/suggestions/6592643-support-for-html5-s-mathml

Please vote if you want to see MathML supported in IE.

Neil Soiffer

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 12:06 AM, Frédéric WANG <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear all,

Following Neil's idea of MathML support in Edge, I've submitted a
related enhancement request that would be a first step and would require
less effort: add more math fonts to Windows. The URL is

https://windows.uservoice.com/forums/265757-windows-feature-suggestions/suggestions/9727281-add-new-math-fonts-latin-modern-math-and-stix-2

Frédéric

Re: Vote for math fonts in Windows

Frédéric WANG
One thing that I wonder is: how is the vote on windows.uservoice.com
different from the one on wpdev.uservoice, referred here:

https://dev.modern.ie/platform/status/mathml/?search=mathml

On 09/13/2015 10:51 PM, Neil Soiffer wrote:

> That's a good idea. I've added my vote to that (you get 20 votes
> total, with at most three to any one project).
>
> A number of people have added their support for getting MathML into IE
> by voting for it, and I thank you for that. There are MANY, MANY more
> people on this list that have not voted. It literally takes about 10
> seconds to click on the link and vote. If you want to see math support
> in IE, please vote. My guess is that we need four times the number of
> people who have voted so far to make this have high visibility to the
> IE team, and that can only happen if YOU take a few seconds and put
> your vote in. Here's the link again:
> https://windows.uservoice.com/forums/265757-windows-feature-suggestions/suggestions/6592643-support-for-html5-s-mathml
>
> Please vote if you want to see MathML supported in IE.
>
> Neil Soiffer

Re: Vote for math fonts in Windows

Neil Soiffer
The dev.modern.ie one is for web developers and designers (wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/257854-microsoft-edge-developer), whereas as the windows.uservoice.com one is for users. It doesn't hurt to vote on both lists.

Neil Soiffer

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Frédéric WANG <[hidden email]> wrote:
One thing that I wonder is: how is the vote on windows.uservoice.com
different from the one on wpdev.uservoice, referred here:

https://dev.modern.ie/platform/status/mathml/?search=mathml

On 09/13/2015 10:51 PM, Neil Soiffer wrote:
> That's a good idea. I've added my vote to that (you get 20 votes
> total, with at most three to any one project).
>
> A number of people have added their support for getting MathML into IE
> by voting for it, and I thank you for that. There are MANY, MANY more
> people on this list that have not voted. It literally takes about 10
> seconds to click on the link and vote. If you want to see math support
> in IE, please vote. My guess is that we need four times the number of
> people who have voted so far to make this have high visibility to the
> IE team, and that can only happen if YOU take a few seconds and put
> your vote in. Here's the link again:
> https://windows.uservoice.com/forums/265757-windows-feature-suggestions/suggestions/6592643-support-for-html5-s-mathml
>
> Please vote if you want to see MathML supported in IE.
>
> Neil Soiffer

Re: Vote for math fonts in Windows

Frédéric WANG
Neil: a manager from Microsoft seems to say that using the app feature feedback is wrong:

https://twitter.com/dstorey/status/647972201845534720