Quantcast

Vocabulary to describe software projects and their dependencies

Threaded

Vocabulary to describe software projects and their dependencies

Martynas Jusevičius
Hey,

I am looking for a way to describe a software project in RDF, in detail.

DOAP vocabulary comes very close: https://github.com/edumbill/doap

Too bad it looks to be unmaintained. Strangely, the schema does not
seem to support relationships (dependencies) between projects.

Are there any other vocabularies I should know about?

Please do not suggest https://schema.org/SoftwareApplication as it is
not nearly expressive enough.

Martynas

Threaded

Re: Vocabulary to describe software projects and their dependencies

Matteo Casu
Hi Martynas,

a couple of years ago, while searching for a similar use case, I came across this one:

On 8 Aug 2016, at 14:57, Martynas Jusevičius <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hey,

I am looking for a way to describe a software project in RDF, in detail.

DOAP vocabulary comes very close: https://github.com/edumbill/doap

Too bad it looks to be unmaintained. Strangely, the schema does not
seem to support relationships (dependencies) between projects.

Are there any other vocabularies I should know about?

Please do not suggest https://schema.org/SoftwareApplication as it is
not nearly expressive enough.

Martynas

Threaded

Re: Vocabulary to describe software projects and their dependencies

Tom Johnson
You may be interested in https://github.com/codemeta/codemeta.

I've lost touch with progress on this, and not clear on the current status w.r.t. describing dependency graphs, but I know it was a question this group was considering in the spring.

--
-Tom Johnson
Threaded

Re: Vocabulary to describe software projects and their dependencies

Idafen Santana Pérez-2

Hi Martynas,

as part of my thesis I developed a set of vocabularies for describing the software and hardware dependencies in the context of scientific workflows:

http://purl.org/net/wicus

It does include an object property for stating software dependency at a general level. If it works for you or you have any further question about it let me know.

Best,
Idafen

El 8/8/2016 20:34, "Martynas Jusevičius" <[hidden email]> escribió:
Hey,

I am looking for a way to describe a software project in RDF, in detail.

DOAP vocabulary comes very close: https://github.com/edumbill/doap

Too bad it looks to be unmaintained. Strangely, the schema does not
seem to support relationships (dependencies) between projects.

Are there any other vocabularies I should know about?

Please do not suggest https://schema.org/SoftwareApplication as it is
not nearly expressive enough.

Martynas

Threaded

Re: Vocabulary to describe software projects and their dependencies

Graham Klyne-2
On 08/08/2016 14:57, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
> DOAP vocabulary comes very close: https://github.com/edumbill/doap
>
> Too bad it looks to be unmaintained. Strangely, the schema does not
> seem to support relationships (dependencies) between projects.

Just a thought:  would DOAP + PROV fit the bill?

#g
--

Threaded

Re: Vocabulary to describe software projects and their dependencies

Martynas Jusevičius
Thanks everyone!

DOAP + PROV sounds like a good idea actually.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Graham Klyne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 08/08/2016 14:57, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
>>
>> DOAP vocabulary comes very close: https://github.com/edumbill/doap
>>
>> Too bad it looks to be unmaintained. Strangely, the schema does not
>> seem to support relationships (dependencies) between projects.
>

> Just a thought:  would DOAP + PROV fit the bill?
>
> #g
> --

Threaded

Re: Vocabulary to describe software projects and their dependencies

Gray, Alasdair J G
You may also want to look at the ALIGNED suite of ontologies

Alasdair

On 9 Aug 2016, at 10:00, Martynas Jusevičius <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks everyone!

DOAP + PROV sounds like a good idea actually.

On Tue, Aug 9, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Graham Klyne <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 08/08/2016 14:57, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:

DOAP vocabulary comes very close: https://github.com/edumbill/doap

Too bad it looks to be unmaintained. Strangely, the schema does not
seem to support relationships (dependencies) between projects.

Just a thought:  would DOAP + PROV fit the bill?

#g
--

Alasdair J G Gray
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy

Email: [hidden email]
Web: http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~ajg33
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-5711-4872
Office: Earl Mountbatten Building 1.39
Twitter: @gray_alasdair

Untitled Document

Founded in 1821, Heriot-Watt is a leader in ideas and solutions. With campuses and students across the entire globe we span the world, delivering innovation and educational excellence in business, engineering, design and the physical, social and life sciences.

The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete it (including any attachments) from your system.

Threaded

Re: Vocabulary to describe software projects and their dependencies

Ghislain Atemezing
Hi Paul,
Le 10 août 2016 à 11:26, Paul Worrall <[hidden email]> a écrit :

I had been working on describing software https://sparqlycode.com/ .   It used DOAP and PROV and its own vocab. Produced RDF/OWL representations of the code, its build, version history etc.. I could’t get an early adopter so I abondoned it last year.

Would be happy to help someone pick up on the code.

You can also help the community by submitting the vocabulary [0] for inclusion into LOV [1].
That would be great and a good way to watch any adopter of the vocab.

Paul Worrall

Interition: wisdom in the web

web: www.interition.net, www.zonafide.net
email: [hidden email]
twitter: @interition
mobile: +44 (0) 771 133 0213
phone: +44 (0) 203 637 5196
eth: 0x93d41b29acf6204c9a9f03e335988e498388a2cc

Registered in England and Wales. Number 08460806
Registered office: Elm Barn, Stoke Golding Lane, Higham on the Hill, Nuneaton,CV13 6ES

On 9 Aug 2016, at 07:36, Graham Klyne <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 08/08/2016 14:57, Martynas Jusevičius wrote:
DOAP vocabulary comes very close: https://github.com/edumbill/doap

Too bad it looks to be unmaintained. Strangely, the schema does not
seem to support relationships (dependencies) between projects.

Just a thought:  would DOAP + PROV fit the bill?

#g
--

---------------------------------------
Ghislain A. Atemezing, Ph.D

Threaded

Re: Vocabulary to describe software projects and their dependencies

Tom Johnson
This crossed my radar today: http://ontologi.es/doap-deps#

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 2:48 AM, Paul Worrall <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don’t invest any more time on this project or semantic tech myself but if there was someone who wanted to do it I am happy to advise.

On 10 Aug 2016, at 10:40, Ghislain Atemezing <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Paul,
Le 10 août 2016 à 11:26, Paul Worrall <[hidden email]> a écrit :

I had been working on describing software https://sparqlycode.com/ .   It used DOAP and PROV and its own vocab. Produced RDF/OWL representations of the code, its build, version history etc.. I could’t get an early adopter so I abondoned it last year.

Would be happy to help someone pick up on the code.

You can also help the community by submitting the vocabulary [0] for inclusion into LOV [1].
That would be great and a good way to watch any adopter of the vocab.

Paul Worrall

Interition: wisdom in the web

web: www.interition.net, www.zonafide.net
email: [hidden email]
twitter: @interition
mobile: <a href="tel:%2B44%20%280%29%20771%20133%200213" value="+447711330213" target="_blank">+44 (0) 771 133 0213
phone: <a href="tel:%2B44%20%280%29%20203%20637%205196" value="+442036375196" target="_blank">+44 (0) 203 637 5196