Versioning finding updated

David Orchard

I've updated the TAG finding on Versioning, available at

http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/versioning.html

The main update is to the terminology section.

Cheers,

Dave

RE: Versioning finding updated

Steven Livingstone-2

David – good document. Something I have been looking into for a few days now.

I wouldn’t mind some guidance on a best practice way to define a version namespace.

In development you may create many WSDL documents per day which may be consumed by multiple clients.

To that end I added a development version which was appended to the end but won’t be in production.

So my practice identifies namespaces versions something like:

http://mydomain/appnamespace/servicename/V2_5_7324673246

I suspect the last development identifier could be auto-generated by tools in the future, but I did find it restrictive to use only major minor before I’d released anything.

Steven Livingstone

http://stevenR2.com