Validity error in catalog; NS1.0-errata1e

Threaded

Validity error in catalog; NS1.0-errata1e

frans.englich (Bugzilla)

Hello,

I believe there's an error in the catalog file. From recent CVS checkout:

xmlconf/eduni/namespaces/errata-1e/errata1e.xml's elements reads:

        RECOMMENDATION="NS1.0-errata1e"

The DTD, xmlconf/testcases.dtd, reads:

        RECOMMENDATION >(XML1.0|XML1.1|NS1.0|NS1.1|XML1.0-errata2e) "XML1.0"

Note how NS1.0-errata1e is not listed.

This was discovered by running:

xmllint --valid --noent XML-Test-Suite/xmlconf/xmlconf.xml \
        --output finalCatalog.xml

It may be that other validity errors are hiding behind those.

Cheers,

                Frans

Threaded

Re: Validity error in catalog; NS1.0-errata1e

Richard Tobin-2

> The DTD, xmlconf/testcases.dtd, reads:
     RECOMMENDATION (XML1.0|XML1.1|NS1.0|NS1.1|XML1.0-errata2e)   "XML1.0"
> Note how NS1.0-errata1e is not listed.

I have updated the DTD to include both NS1.0-errata1e and XML1.0-errata3e.

-- Richard

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 15:10, Richard Tobin wrote:
> > The DTD, xmlconf/testcases.dtd, reads:
>
>      RECOMMENDATION (XML1.0|XML1.1|NS1.0|NS1.1|XML1.0-errata2e)   "XML1.0"
>
> > Note how NS1.0-errata1e is not listed.
>
> I have updated the DTD to include both NS1.0-errata1e and XML1.0-errata3e.

Thanks a lot!

I now run the suite without any local modifications, which of course is a
maintenance breeze.

Btw, are test case submissions accepted? I currently don't have any lined up,
but this can be good to know(I'm W3C member and have CVS write access to
parts of the dev CVS, if this matters).

Cheers,

                Frans

Threaded

Re: Validity error in catalog; NS1.0-errata1e

Richard Tobin-2

> Btw, are test case submissions accepted? I currently don't have any
> lined up, but this can be good to know(I'm W3C member and have CVS
> write access to parts of the dev CVS, if this matters).

The main problem would be lack of time for anyone on the core group to
do anything about them I think, so if you can check in your own tests
in the same format as the existing ones I think that would be a good
thing.  The directory structure means you can create your own set of
tests and the core group could then add a reference to them in the
top-level file once we were happy that they were correct.

-- Richard