Validator service down ?

Jason Vas Dias
Good day :

I got this error trying to validate my document:

    Error External Checker not available

    Checking the Document Type of this document requires the help of an external tool which was either not enabled in this validator, or is currently unavailable. Check in the validator's system configuration that HTML5 Validator is enabled and functional.

    The error encountered was: 500 read timeout

This was immediately after an upload validation of the document with a
typo generated @ 10,000 errors . I fixed the typo then re-uploaded, and
I got the above error .

Sorry !  I hope I haven't broken the validator !

Regards,
Jason

Re: Validator service down ?

Michael[tm] Smith
Jason Vas Dias <[hidden email]>, 2015-04-16 17:15 +0100:

> Good day :
>
> I got this error trying to validate my document:
>

>     Error External Checker not available
>
>     Checking the Document Type of this document requires the help of an external tool which was either not enabled in this validator, or is currently unavailable. Check in the validator's system configuration that HTML5 Validator is enabled and functional.
>
>     The error encountered was: 500 read timeout
>

> This was immediately after an upload validation of the document with a
> typo generated @ 10,000 errors . I fixed the typo then re-uploaded, and
> I got the above error .
>
> Sorry !  I hope I haven't broken the validator !
You didn’t break the validator 😄  The W3C Systems team has been doing some
other upgrades to the validator servers recently, and you might have just
hit it when it was temporarily unavailable while the upgrade was in progress.

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike