[VM] Agenda for 15 Nov Telecon

Miles, AJ (Alistair)

Hi all,

Here's my action to write an agenda for the 15 Nov telecon ...

AGENDA

Background reading:

http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/

---
ITEM 1: Minimum Requirements

See http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/#Minimum

Are the 'minimum requirements' ...

 (a) Correct?
 (b) Complete?

---
ITEM 2: Good Practice Requirements

See http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/#Good-Pract

Are the 'good-practice requirements' ...

 (a) Correct?
 (b) Complete?

---
ITEM 3: Hash Static Configuration, Minimal

See http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/#Example1

 (a) Does 'example 1' configuration satisfy 'minimum requirements'?
 (b) Is 'example 1' configuration optimal?
 (c) Any potential problems with 'example 1' configuration?

---
ITEM 4: Hash Static Configuration, Good Practice

See http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/#Example2

 (a) Does 'example 2' configuration satisfy 'good-practice requirements'?
 (b) Is 'example 2' configuration optimal?
 (c) Any potential problems with 'example 2' configuration?

(This configuration is proposed for SKOS Core)

---
ITEM 5: Slash Static Configuration, Minimal

See http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/#Example3

 (a) Does 'example 3' configuration satisfy 'minimum requirements'?
 (b) Is 'example 3' configuration optimal?
 (c) Any potential problems with 'example 3' configuration?

---
ITEM 6: Slash Static Configuration, Best Practice (Single Document)

See http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/#Example4

 (a) Does 'example 4' configuration satisfy 'good-practice requirements'?
 (b) Is 'example 4' configuration optimal?
 (c) Any potential problems with 'example 4' configuration?

(This could be potential configuration for DC, FOAF)

---
ITEM 7: Slash Static Configuration, Best Practice (Multiple Documents)

See http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/#Example5

 (a) Does 'example 5' configuration satisfy 'good-practice requirements'?
 (b) Is 'example 5' configuration optimal?
 (c) Any potential problems with 'example 5' configuration?

(This could be potential configuration for DC, FOAF)

---
ITEM 8: Slash Dynamic Configuration, Best Practice

See http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/#Example6

 (a) Is this a good idea?
 (b) Any thoughts on easiest way to make this happen?

---

I suggest we also involve the folks who wrote the OwlDoc plugin for protege [1] at some stage, this is Matthew Horridge from the University of Manchester.

I was thinking to post this agenda to [hidden email] to see if any comments come up before the telecon, any objections?

Cheers,

Al.

[1] http://www.co-ode.org/downloads/owldoc/co-ode-index.php

---
Alistair Miles
Research Associate
CCLRC - Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Building R1 Room 1.60
Fermi Avenue
Chilton
Didcot
Oxfordshire OX11 0QX
United Kingdom
Email:        [hidden email]
Tel: +44 (0)1235 445440

Re: [VM] Agenda for 15 Nov Telecon

Ralph R. Swick

At 04:47 PM 11/1/2005 +0000, Miles, AJ (Alistair) wrote:
>Background reading:
>
>http://isegserv.itd.rl.ac.uk/VM/http-examples/

nice summary, Alistair.  Some of this might warrant expansion or
clarification prior to the 15 Nov discussion (e.g. prose on how
'slash' namespaces can be made consistent with the TAG
resolution on httpRange-14.)  I'll try to find time to suggest some text.

>I suggest we also involve the folks who wrote the OwlDoc plugin for protege [1] at some stage, this is Matthew Horridge from the University of Manchester.

yeah, sure.

>I was thinking to post this agenda to [hidden email] to see if any comments come up before the telecon, any objections?

I worry that it might be a bit premature to take this to the Interest Group
but that's not a definite 'no'.  Rather than post the full agenda verbatim,
perhaps you could write a summary couple of sentences from the first
paragraph and "Good-Practice Requirements" sections of your
http-examples document (I offer for your consideration the prose
I wrote in the second paragraph of [2]) and simply cite http-examples.
The specific questions in your agenda could be incorporated in-line
into http-examples with some distinctive markup.

The brief message to semantic-web would then be more of a
"heads-up, the Working Group is taking a serious look at this".
Motivated people who then choose to look at http-examples
might be the ones who we'd really like to hear from.

   [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Nov/0013.html