[VE][libxml2-205] Confused about validation error: colon are forbidden from entities names 'CWM:ChangeableKind'

[VE][libxml2-205] Confused about validation error: colon are forbidden from entities names 'CWM:ChangeableKind'

Friedrich Röhrs

Hi,

validating http://hrview.de/measures/index.php/xml/generate/dd5ea5c4-4e48-4e9b-8d44-91a75694ef74 (i have attached the xml) i get many errors of the following kind:

colon are forbidden from entities names 'CWM:ChangeableKind'
<!ENTITY % CWM:ChangeableKind '(changeable|frozen|addOnly)'>

Looking in the XMLSpec (esp. the reguarding names): http://www.w3.org/TR/xml11/#NT-Name

The colon (:) is given as valid character.

Am i misunderstanding something?

Thanks,
Friedrich Röhrs

dd5ea5c4-4e48-4e9b-8d44-91a75694ef74.xml (44K) Download Attachment

Re: [VE][libxml2-205] Confused about validation error: colon are forbidden from entities names 'CWM:ChangeableKind'

Jukka K. Korpela
2015-01-21, 16:04, Friedrich Röhrs wrote:

> validating
> http://hrview.de/measures/index.php/xml/generate/dd5ea5c4-4e48-4e9b-8d44-91a75694ef74
> (i have attached the xml) i get many errors of the following kind:
>
> colon are forbidden from entities names 'CWM:ChangeableKind'

Apparently the W3C Markup Validator enforces XML Namespaces rules,
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/
According to them, “No entity names, processing instruction targets, or
notation names contain any colons.”

This is understandable, given the orientation towards validating HTML
and publicly defined XML languages (MathML, SVG). But I cannot find any
statement on the Namespaces issue at
http://validator.w3.org/about.html

Yucca