Apologies to those of you who have received this message multiple times.
Mohit Jain @ IBM Research India
UbiComp and ISWC 2014 Publicity Chair
UBICOMP / ISWC 2014 STUDENT VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
to submit your applications. Please note, that applications will not be
accepted after ***June 1, 2014 at 11:59pm PDT***. Applicants selected for
SV positions will be notified on or before July 1, 2014.
As a Student Volunteer, you get several benefits, including:
- Free registration to UbiComp / ISWC 2014
- An exclusive student volunteer t-shirt
- Unique opportunities to get in contact with great researchers and make
- Free access to all conference meals and the conference dinner
- Invitation to the exclusive SV party near the end of the conference!
At the same time, being an SV means that you have several responsibilities:
- You are required to work for at least 20 hours during the conference
- You are required to be present at the workshop / conference venue for
the entire duration of the conference: Saturday, September 13 early morning
through Wednesday, September 17 evening (we recommend that you arrive in
Seattle by Friday evening and stay until Thursday morning)
- You are required to attend the SV orientation meeting on Saturday, Sept
- If you fail to attend the SV orientation meeting or do not work the required
minimum amount of hours, your SV status will be revoked; this will result
in loss of all SV benefits, including free registration – i.e., you will
be required to pay the registration fees
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE & ACCESSIBILITY:
If you require financial assistance
to help cover the cost of travel, please apply for a Student
Travel Grant and indicate
on your application that you also applied to be an SV. Ubicomp / ISWC is
committed to being an accessible event, please see our Accessibility
Statement. We are very happy
to make reasonable accommodations on request for S.V's who are selected.
STUDENT VOLUNTEER CHAIRS:
Gabe Cohn, University of Washington, US
Sarah Mennicken, University of Zurich, CH student.volunteers2014@...