URI Templates update

Mark Nottingham-2
Hi URI people,

Just a few notes regarding URI Templates, since we have an RFC now <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6570>:

* Joe's implementation in Python has been moved to Github, and we've got it up to RFC level 4 conformance. See <https://github.com/uri-templates/uritemplate-py>. It's also now listed in pypi <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/uritemplate/0.5.1>. Note that it's still beta-quality; it doesn't do much in the way of input checking, for example.

* We've also started collecting test cases at <https://github.com/uri-templates/uritemplate-test>. Right now it includes the examples from the RFC, but we've been talking with other implementers about adding more; please make a pull request or raise an issue as appropriate. Note that the Python implementation above uses these for its testing.

* Finally, the list of implementations at <http://code.google.com/p/uri-templates/wiki/Implementations> has been updated. If you have more information about one of them, or would like one added, please make a comment there.

Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/

Re: URI Templates update

Joe Gregorio-2
On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Mark Nottingham <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi URI people,
>
> Just a few notes regarding URI Templates, since we have an RFC now <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6570>:
>
> * Joe's implementation in Python has been moved to Github, and we've got it up to RFC level 4 conformance. See <https://github.com/uri-templates/uritemplate-py>. It's also now listed in pypi <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/uritemplate/0.5.1>. Note that it's still beta-quality; it doesn't do much in the way of input checking, for example.
>
> * We've also started collecting test cases at <https://github.com/uri-templates/uritemplate-test>. Right now it includes the examples from the RFC, but we've been talking with other implementers about adding more; please make a pull request or raise an issue as appropriate. Note that the Python implementation above uses these for its testing.

Who's this "we" you speak of? Mark did all the work, for which I'm
very grateful! Thanks Mark!

  -joe

> * Finally, the list of implementations at <http://code.google.com/p/uri-templates/wiki/Implementations> has been updated. If you have more information about one of them, or would like one added, please make a comment there.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/

Joe Gregorio        http://bitworking.org

Re: URI Templates update

Mark Nottingham-2

On 17/05/2012, at 10:03 PM, Joe Gregorio wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Mark Nottingham <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi URI people,
>>
>> Just a few notes regarding URI Templates, since we have an RFC now <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6570>:
>>
>> * Joe's implementation in Python has been moved to Github, and we've got it up to RFC level 4 conformance. See <https://github.com/uri-templates/uritemplate-py>. It's also now listed in pypi <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/uritemplate/0.5.1>. Note that it's still beta-quality; it doesn't do much in the way of input checking, for example.
>>
>> * We've also started collecting test cases at <https://github.com/uri-templates/uritemplate-test>. Right now it includes the examples from the RFC, but we've been talking with other implementers about adding more; please make a pull request or raise an issue as appropriate. Note that the Python implementation above uses these for its testing.
>
> Who's this "we" you speak of? Mark did all the work, for which I'm
> very grateful! Thanks Mark!

Ah, I just did some packaging, QA and bug-hunting; the code's all yours :)

Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/