URI Template spec has been approved

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

URI Template spec has been approved

Roy T. Fielding
Hello folks,

It seems that I need to close the loop, since the independent
submission process doesn't feed back here (unlike an open WG).

After a large number of constructive last call comments and
a draft 08 to address them

  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt

the spec has been approved by the IESG as a Proposed Standard.
Now we just have to wait for the RFC Editor queue to get final
wording edits and publish it.

A diff from 07 is at

  http://uri-templates.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/spec/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08-from-7.diff.html

Note that the one substantive change is the processing of
{;list*}, {?list*}, and {&list*} to allow for repeated
parameters with the same name, based on an earlier discussion
here.  Happy implementing.

Cheers,

Roy T. Fielding                     <http://roy.gbiv.com/>
Principal Scientist, Adobe Systems  <http://adobe.com/enterprise>

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: I-D Action: draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt
> Date: January 26, 2012 12:25:33 PM PST
> To: [hidden email]
> Reply-To: [hidden email]
>
>
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
>
> Title           : URI Template
> Author(s)       : Joe Gregorio
>                          Roy T. Fielding
>                          Marc Hadley
>                          Mark Nottingham
>                          David Orchard
> Filename        : draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt
> Pages           : 33
> Date            : 2012-01-26
>
>   A URI Template is a compact sequence of characters for describing a
>   range of Uniform Resource Identifiers through variable expansion.
>   This specification defines the URI Template syntax and the process
>   for expanding a URI Template into a URI reference, along with
>   guidelines for the use of URI Templates on the Internet.
>
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt
>
> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
> This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt
>
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Begin forwarded message:

> From: The IESG <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Protocol Action: 'URI Template' to Proposed Standard (draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt)
> Date: January 26, 2012 4:53:27 PM PST
> To: IETF-Announce <[hidden email]>
> Cc: RFC Editor <[hidden email]>
>
> The IESG has approved the following document:
> - 'URI Template'
>  (draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt) as a Proposed Standard
>
> This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
> IETF Working Group.
>
> The IESG contact person is Peter Saint-Andre.
>
> A URL of this Internet Draft is:
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gregorio-uritemplate/
>
>
>
>
> Technical Summary
>
> A URI Template is a compact sequence of characters for describing a
> range of Uniform Resource Identifiers through variable expansion.
> This specification defines the URI Template syntax and the process
> for expanding a URI Template into a URI reference, along with
> guidelines for the use of URI Templates on the Internet.
>
> Working Group Summary
>
> This document is not the product of a working group.  It is the output
> of an individual submission from people who participate in both the
> IETF and W3C.  The document has has received widespread review
> over the years and has undergone numerous revisions to address that
> feedback.
>
> Document Quality
>
> There are several implementations of this mechanism in various
> programming languages, as listed at:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/uri-templates/wiki/Implementations
>
> Personnel
>
>   The Document Shepherd is Murray Kucherawy.
>
>   The Responsible Area Director is Peter Saint-Andre.
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: URI Template spec has been approved

Marc Portier-2
Hi Roy,

I finally got round to cleaning up on the js implementation.
Transition from 0.7 to 0.8 was rather uneventful :)

I'ld appreciate if you could make a reference to the https://github.com/marc-portier/uri-templates (javascript implementation) over at:

I've also put up a simplified syntax-diagram (railroad based on the ebnf from the spec) up on the wiki: https://github.com/marc-portier/uri-templates/wiki


kind regards,
-marc=


2012/2/4 Roy T. Fielding <[hidden email]>
Hello folks,

It seems that I need to close the loop, since the independent
submission process doesn't feed back here (unlike an open WG).

After a large number of constructive last call comments and
a draft 08 to address them

 http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt

the spec has been approved by the IESG as a Proposed Standard.
Now we just have to wait for the RFC Editor queue to get final
wording edits and publish it.

A diff from 07 is at

 http://uri-templates.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/spec/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08-from-7.diff.html

Note that the one substantive change is the processing of
{;list*}, {?list*}, and {&list*} to allow for repeated
parameters with the same name, based on an earlier discussion
here.  Happy implementing.

Cheers,

Roy T. Fielding                     <http://roy.gbiv.com/>
Principal Scientist, Adobe Systems  <http://adobe.com/enterprise>

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: I-D Action: draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt
> Date: January 26, 2012 12:25:33 PM PST
> To: [hidden email]
> Reply-To: [hidden email]
>
>
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
>
>       Title           : URI Template
>       Author(s)       : Joe Gregorio
>                          Roy T. Fielding
>                          Marc Hadley
>                          Mark Nottingham
>                          David Orchard
>       Filename        : draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt
>       Pages           : 33
>       Date            : 2012-01-26
>
>   A URI Template is a compact sequence of characters for describing a
>   range of Uniform Resource Identifiers through variable expansion.
>   This specification defines the URI Template syntax and the process
>   for expanding a URI Template into a URI reference, along with
>   guidelines for the use of URI Templates on the Internet.
>
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt
>
> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
> This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt
>
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Begin forwarded message:

> From: The IESG <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Protocol Action: 'URI Template' to Proposed Standard (draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt)
> Date: January 26, 2012 4:53:27 PM PST
> To: IETF-Announce <[hidden email]>
> Cc: RFC Editor <[hidden email]>
>
> The IESG has approved the following document:
> - 'URI Template'
>  (draft-gregorio-uritemplate-08.txt) as a Proposed Standard
>
> This document has been reviewed in the IETF but is not the product of an
> IETF Working Group.
>
> The IESG contact person is Peter Saint-Andre.
>
> A URL of this Internet Draft is:
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gregorio-uritemplate/
>
>
>
>
> Technical Summary
>
> A URI Template is a compact sequence of characters for describing a
> range of Uniform Resource Identifiers through variable expansion.
> This specification defines the URI Template syntax and the process
> for expanding a URI Template into a URI reference, along with
> guidelines for the use of URI Templates on the Internet.
>
> Working Group Summary
>
> This document is not the product of a working group.  It is the output
> of an individual submission from people who participate in both the
> IETF and W3C.  The document has has received widespread review
> over the years and has undergone numerous revisions to address that
> feedback.
>
> Document Quality
>
> There are several implementations of this mechanism in various
> programming languages, as listed at:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/uri-templates/wiki/Implementations
>
> Personnel
>
>   The Document Shepherd is Murray Kucherawy.
>
>   The Responsible Area Director is Peter Saint-Andre.
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce