URI Specification Community Group

David Sheets
As suggested by the inimitable Marcos Caceres, I have started a
Community Group in which to work on the formal specification of URI
and related technology.

To begin, the group will only be focused on delivering a formal
specification of the basic URI functions which can then be used as the
source for generation of an HTML document, a test oracle (compilable
to JavaScript), and a set of theorems for formal proof.

The present plan is to use the tool Lem
<http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~pes20/lem/> for authoring of the
specification. I work closely with some of the authors of Lem and I am
currently engaged in the specification of the POSIX 2008 file system
API so any issues that may arise should be easily dealt with.

Feel free to discuss this idea here or indicate your support
<http://www.w3.org/community/groups/proposed/#urispec> for the
Community Group. I am also interested in keeping this mailing list,
WebApps, and the relevant IETF bodies apprised of our progress so
please also indicate how you feel that would be best accomplished.

Thanks,

David Sheets