Typo in http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/reback

Alejandro Forero Cuervo-2

   The different types of HTTP redirects are as follow (with the
   relevant HTTP status code sent by the server) are the Permanent
   Redirect (HTTP 301), the Temporary Redirect (307), and the
   undefined redirect (302).

It should say:

   The different types of HTTP redirects (with the relevant HTTP
   status code sent by the server) are the Permanent Redirect (HTTP
   301), the Temporary Redirect (307), and the undefined redirect
   (302).

While we're at it, I guess it would be even better if it said:

   The different types of HTTP redirects (based on the HTTP status
   code in the response sent by the server) are the Permanent Redirect
   (HTTP 301), the Temporary Redirect (307), and the undefined
   redirect (302).

Thanks.

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/

Re: Typo in http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/reback

olivier Thereaux

On Jun 2, 2007, at 00:15 , Alejandro Forero Cuervo wrote:
>    The different types of HTTP redirects (based on the HTTP status
>    code in the response sent by the server) are the Permanent Redirect
>    (HTTP 301), the Temporary Redirect (307), and the undefined
>    redirect (302).

Alejandro, thanks a lot for your suggestions. I agree that your
proposed wording is better and clearer than the original - I've
updated the document.

http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/reback

Thank you!
--
olivier

Re: Typo in http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/reback

Alejandro Forero Cuervo-2

> Alejandro, thanks a lot for your suggestions. I agree that your
> proposed wording is better and clearer than the original - I've
> updated the document.

Have you thought of using a wiki for these documents?  I'm inclined to
believe it would increase the amount of contributions.

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/

wiki for Tips? Re: Typo in http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/reback

Karl Dubost

Le 3 juin 2007 à 10:01, Alejandro Forero Cuervo a écrit :
> Have you thought of using a wiki for these documents?  I'm inclined to
> believe it would increase the amount of contributions.

There is the usual trade-off when using wikis. It is always difficult
to draw the line. Wikis are not necessary good at everything.

* more (potential) participation
* more meaningless contributions
* more difficult to translate in other languages.

But your idea has to be considered as well. Other opinions on the list?

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***