Transcoder in action?

Luca Passani-3
While I don't have definitive proof that a transcoder is to blame here,
this article definitely smells like one is involved.

You guys should think carefully about what you do when you legitimize
transcoders. Web access to gmail, facebook or even your netbank can be
at the mercy of what some programmer in israel, silicon valley or
chicago has been drinking on a certain evening 8 months earlier....

Luca

Re: Transcoder in action?

Sangwhan Moon
Not sure why fingers are pointing at transcoders here. A
malfunctioning reverse proxy, which can exist in a non-mobile context
(i.e. load balancing) could as well have the exact same effect.

Cheers,
Sangwhan

--
Sangwhan Moon <[hidden email]>, Opera Software ASA
Skype: innodb1 | Mobile: +372-5971-6147

Re: Transcoder in action?

Luca Passani-3

As blog comments suggest, this has happened with other users and always
within a mobile context (m.facebook.com, Roger Wireless in Canada).

Anyway, I wrote that this is not the definitive proof that a transcoder
is involved, but just that it is not unlikely that a transcoder is the
problem here.

Luca