Timing - Historical References

Glenn Adams-2
Following are some useful references from member-tt archives (member only access).

The first [1] shows an early model for time containers rooted at the tt element. The second [2] shows why (and where) we began pushing this down to body.

In both contexts, the phrase "external time interval" is what we now call "root temporal interval", and which was intended to refer to an interval of time established by the external processing context, and not intrinsically tied to the document. But see also Dave Singer's comment on [2] at [3], where he implies two different possible notions of this interval:
  • as determined by the "outside" (external processing context)
  • as determined by the "inside" (the document itself)