Tidy for PHP 5.2

April Rose
Hello,

I am running a LAMP stack on Ubuntu with PHP 5.2.

I downloaded tidy mklinux.tgz and tried to put tidy and tab2space in /usr/local/bin. When I try to run the application that uses HTML Tidy I get this message:

  • HTMLTidy executable is not available. Found 'tidy' binary, but it didn't run right. /usr/local/bin/tidy -v failed to respond correctly
  • HTMLTidy executable is not available. Found 'tidy' binary, but it didn't run right. /usr/local/bin/tidy -v failed to respond correctly

this is unfamiliar ground for me, so sorry if I am not providing adequate information :(

--
April Rose
Programming
Page 1 Solutions
ext: 1223

Re: Tidy for PHP 5.2

Bjoern Hoehrmann
* April Rose wrote:
>I am running a LAMP stack on Ubuntu with PHP 5.2.
>
>I downloaded tidy mklinux.tgz and tried to put tidy and tab2space
>in /usr/local/bin. When I try to run the application that uses HTML Tidy I
>get this message:

Tidy is available in Ubuntu as package `tidy`, you can install it using
`apt-get` or similar. The `tidy_mklinux.tgz` package you can find on the
Tidy homepage has not been updated since 2004.