The rb element isn't recognized on HTML5 mode

The rb element isn't recognized on HTML5 mode

Momdo Nakamura
Hello,

I believe following HTML is valid (as W3C HTML 5.0), but the validator says
"Element rb not allowed as child of element ruby in this context. (Suppressing
further errors from this subtree.)".

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>The rb element testing</title>
</head>

Best Regards,
NAKAMURA, momdo

Re: The rb element isn't recognized on HTML5 mode

Jens Oliver Meiert
> I believe following HTML is valid (as W3C HTML 5.0), but the validator says
> "Element rb not allowed as child of element ruby in this context.

That’s indeed correct… not sure whether this is an artifact for <rb>
didn’t use to be part of HTML 5, and still isn’t included in the
WHATWG HTML branch [1].

(Just curious, too, then.)

[1] https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/indices.html#elements-3

--
Jens Oliver Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/

✎ The Little Book of HTML/CSS Frameworks: http://meiert.com/frameworks

Re: The rb element isn't recognized on HTML5 mode

Steve Faulkner-2

On 14 May 2015 at 09:48, Jens Oliver Meiert <[hidden email]> wrote:
That’s indeed correct… not sure whether this is an artifact for <rb>
didn’t use to be part of HTML 5, and still isn’t included in the
WHATWG HTML branch [1].

Don't think that is the issue, looks like a validator bug, as the w3c validator works off w3c HTML

--

Regards

SteveF
HTML 5.1

Re: The rb element isn't recognized on HTML5 mode

Steve Faulkner-2
Hi, confirmed it is a validator bug and filed issue

--

Regards

SteveF
HTML 5.1

On 13 May 2015 at 14:37, Momdo Nakamura <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I believe following HTML is valid (as W3C HTML 5.0), but the validator says
"Element rb not allowed as child of element ruby in this context. (Suppressing
further errors from this subtree.)".

<!DOCTYPE html>
<head>
<title>The rb element testing</title>
</head>

Best Regards,
NAKAMURA, momdo

Re: The rb element isn't recognized on HTML5 mode

Michael[tm] Smith
Hi Momdo,

Momdo Nakamura <[hidden email]>, 2015-05-13 22:37 +0900:

> Hello,
>
> I believe following HTML is valid (as W3C HTML 5.0), but the validator says
> "Element rb not allowed as child of element ruby in this context. (Suppressing
> further errors from this subtree.)".
>

> <!DOCTYPE html>
> <head>
> <title>The rb element testing</title>
> </head>
I just now pushed a fix for this to https://validator.w3.org/nu/

Please test and if you find any problems, either raise issues at
https://github.com/validator/validator/issues or post a message to this
mailing list.

  —Mike

--