The "inherit" value not allowed as one of values in a composite property

The "inherit" value not allowed as one of values in a composite property

Wirek
There's a bug in the CSS validator. Try to validate this:
    *{
        list-style: inherit outside none;
    }

....by direct input on your site (https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator.html.en#validate_by_input) with default settings. The star character at the beginning is just in place of a selector which is meaningless to you and this bug report. Each time (profiles: "CSS level 3", "CSS level 2.1" and "CSS level 2") the validator throws an error like this:
    "Sorry! We found the following errors (1)
    URI : TextArea2  *   Value Error : list-style Too many values or values are not recognized :  inherit outside none"

This property is defined as:
    'list-style'
        Value:   [ <'list-style-type'> || <'list-style-position'> || <'list-style-image'> ] | inherit

....and each of three component properties allow "inherit" value by themselves and that's the point where the validator goes wrong way. I understand that this:
    *{
        list-style: inherit;
    }

....is equivalent to this:
    *{
        list-style: inherit inherit inherit;
    }

....or at least it should be. Just to pass the validation test I have to change my style sheets like this:
    *{
        list-style: disc outside none;
        list-style-type: inherit;
    }

....and repeat myself and make my CSS files bigger than they should be. With "Warnings:" list box value changed from default one to "All" value I then get the warning like this:
    Warnings (1)
    URI : TextArea
    3  *  Redefinition of list-style-type

I've checked few other CSS 2.1 composite properties (e.g. "border") which allow "inherit" value by themselves as well as by their component properties (e.g. "border-width") and they all failed the validation test because of the bug. I bet all the properties (from top to bottom of the list) would fail it as well.
Let me know when this is fixed, please.

        Kind regards,
        Wirek.

Re: The "inherit" value not allowed as one of values in a composite property

Wirek
        Hello again

Does really nobody know anything about it? Nobody cares? It's amazing after several months since my report.

        Kind regards,
        Wirek.