Text Justification Infos

fantasai
Hi!
I was tasked with linking the CSS 'text-justify' spec to i18n
advice on justification. The i18n WG pointed me at
   http://w3c.github.io/typography/#justification

Unfortunately, I don't really find this to be an adequately
solid reference for various reasons including
   a) It's a github page, which may or may not exist 10 years from now.
   b) It's a fragment identifier, which can't be redirected if that
      information moves, such as for the eminently reasonable reason
      that somebody split the long multi-subject document into sub-
      pages.
   c) It's just a list of links, which is a little hard to understand,
      doesn't provide much guidance to newcomers to the topic, and
      doesn't have the space to provide guidance from i18n/CSSWG to
      implementers on how to translate requirements to technology.

So I drafted up a W3C Note that expands on that info:
   https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2016Aug/att-0004/text-justify-i18n.html

I am hoping the i18nWG would be willing to take up the publication
and maintenance of this document so that I can point CSS3 Text at
it. :)

Thanks~

~fantasai

Re: Text Justification Infos

Andrew Cunningham-4

Hi Fantasai,

At the moment I am working on some notes on line breaking and justification issues for a number of South East Asian scripts (not Lao or Thai at this stage) for a side project I am working on.

When my notes are finalised I can share them.

Andrew

On 08/18/2016 12:53 AM, Andrew Cunningham wrote:
> Hi Fantasai,
>
> At the moment I am working on some notes on line breaking and
> justification issues for a number of South East Asian scripts
> (not Lao or Thai at this stage) for a side project I am working on.
>
> When my notes are finalised I can share them.

Awesome!

~fantasai