Test for 4.3.2, ex length

Patrick Wright

Hi

I'm one of the developers for the Flying Saucer project
(http://xhtmlrenderer.dev.java.net), working on a pure-Java XML/CSS
2.1 renderer.

I have been working through your test suite to see what we can render
so far and what we can't. I was looking at this one:
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/t040302-c61-ex-len-00-b-a.htm

for testing ex lengths. Neither our renderer, Opera 8.5, IE 6, or
Firefox 1.0.7 pass this test, and I'm trying to figure out why the ex
(as a border width) should equal the height of the E acute. Our
renderer does (apparently) the same as the others, making the border
width about half the height of the E acute.

Many thanks
Patrick

Re: Test for 4.3.2, ex length

Ian Hickson

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Patrick Wright wrote:

> I have been working through your test suite to see what we can render
> so far and what we can't. I was looking at this one:
> http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/t040302-c61-ex-len-00-b-a.htm

The "a" at the end of the filename indicates that you need to install the
Ahem font to use this test.

   http://www.hixie.ch/resources/fonts/

This isn't well documented yet, we're working on it.

HTH,