Quantcast

TAG session with Web Annotation WG at TPAC for architectural feedback on two specifications?

Threaded

TAG session with Web Annotation WG at TPAC for architectural feedback on two specifications?

Frederick Hirsch
(this is a resend of a private mail sent to Dan and Yves but with additions; cross-posted with Annotation public list intentionally)

The Web Annotation WG is scheduled to meet at TPAC on Monday and Tuesday, 26-27 October. I see that the TAG is scheduled for one day, Monday 26 October [1].

It might be useful to schedule some time for a joint session on Monday to discuss two Web Annotation WG deliverables to socialize them and get early feedback on the architectural approach.

(1) Web Annotation Protocol

One of the deliverables of the Web Annotation WG is a Web Annotation protocol [2]. Some questions were raised earlier about the RESTful nature of the specification.

(2) FindText [3]

We'd appreciate general feedback (by TPAC this should be a FPWD, but we can make changes to subsequent WDs)

Would it be possible to schedule a session with the TAG on Monday to review/discuss the protocol spec? If so, when might be possible times?

Thanks

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch on behalf of the Chairs, myself and Rob Sanderson, and the Working Group

Co-Chair, W3C Web Annotation WG

www.fjhirsch.com
@fjhirsch

[1] http://www.w3.org/2015/10/TPAC/schedule.html

[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-annotation-protocol-20150702/

[3] http://w3c.github.io/findtext/

[4] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-annotation/2015Oct/0017.html

Threaded

Re: TAG session with Web Annotation WG at TPAC for architectural feedback on two specifications?

Alex Russell-4
+chairs

Apologies, it looks like we didn't get this done. Very sorry.

Generally we kick off TAG reviews with issues: https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews/issues

We'd be happy to dig in and understand these specs. Perhaps we could chat in an upcoming TAG call to get better acquainted?

Regards

On Thursday, October 15, 2015, Frederick Hirsch <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Travis Leithead-2

And, now tracked on our github issues list so we don’t forget again. Thanks Alex.

https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews/issues/93