TAG Closes Versioning Terminology "Product"

TAG Closes Versioning Terminology "Product"

Noah Mendelsohn
This note is to announce that the TAG is closing one of its "Products"
relating to language versioning; note that the TAG has done a great deal of
work, over an extended period, exploring architectural issues relating to
the versioning of languages on the Web. Most of this work has been tracked
under our ISSUE-41: What are good practices for designing extensible
languages and for handling versioning? [1], and that issue remains open.

To clarify the distinction, the TAG uses various mechanisms in tracker to
manage its work. Much of our long-term agenda is tracked in the form of
so-called "Issues", but we have also experimented occasionally with the
Tracker "Product" feature for tracking work on particular deliverables. In
fact, we are hoping to make more use of this in the future.

The specific purpose of this note is to announce that at its F2F meeting on
10 January 2010 [2], the TAG decided to close the Tracker Product named
"Details on Product Versioning Finding: terminology" [3]. There are no
outstanding actions associated with this product, and at this time the TAG
is not investing in the creation of a finding on terminology relating to
versioning. As noted above, ISSUE-41 remains open.

Thank you very much.

Noah Mendelsohn
TAG co-chair

Tracker: This fulfills TAG ACTION-524, which was to announce the closing of
the product.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/41
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/10-minutes#item04
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/products/1